Thread: Idiots guide to classic airgun strips (pt 1)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice

An idiots guide to pre war Diana 27 strip (pt 2)

I made up a piston washer for this (and cursed sending one I had to someone a few months back). Everything is cleaned and lubed ready to go back together and assuming you have sorted the barrel plunger and spring and replaced it in breech. The breech washer was made up of very thin leather and soaked in almond oil and replaced. Fit piston washer to piston and replace in cylinder (someone on here suggested doing it dry and lubing after---I can see the point because of the difficulty getting past the threaded bit of the cylinder). Replace mainspring and cylinder end cap. Refit barrel and replace barrel pivot (I made up a locknut for this as well). Replace cocking arm and its pivot. Replace stock and nip up nut. Replace butt plate and 2 screws. Locate trigger spring and push trigger into housing and locate pivot screw. Replace trigger guard and then the trigger adjusting screw and locknut. If the gun wont cock becuase it feels as though the piston is hitting the trigger, you need to wind the screw in more. If it wont hold the piston then wind it out.
    stripped another of these and had a problem with the barrel plunger/barrel lock up. The barrel was drooping a bit. If you take the barrel plunger out of the breech block and file the rear of the cut out, this usually lets the plunger come out a bit more and lifts the barrel up. On this one I noticed some movement on the cylinder and investigated. There is a non sprung plunger in the end of the cylinder. I removed this and put a filed down shake proof washer behind it as a shim. This cured the barrel droop.
    Last edited by ggggr; 19-02-2013 at 11:43 PM.