Thread: Idiots guide to classic airgun strips (pt 1)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice

An idiots guide to TEX 086 strip. (pt1)

This is a slavia made break barrel pistol with a plastic body,a reasight adjustable for windage and a pivotting foresight adjustable for elevation. On the model I have, there is a knurled thing in the rear of the cylinder end cap, which unscrews and is actually a screwdriver for adjusting the trigger screw. remove this and keep it safe. The action is held in the body by a screw on either side of the body and a nut at the bottom of the pistol grip that may require a forked screwdriver to remove. Remove the two screws and nut and lift action from body( with luck the trigger spring should remain in the body) To remove barrel, undo lockscrew and barrel pivot screw. When you have done that you will need to knock out the front pin in the trigger housing otherwise you will not be able to remove barrel and cocking arm. With barrel out, you can remove pin holding barrel plunger in breech block and clean and lube and replace. There is no real need to remove trigger and sear although I think they would respond to a little polishing if you do. Before you attempt to unscrew cylinder end cap, remove the small pin on the underside of the cylinder that locates it (I used fingers but you may need a small screwdriver or long nose pliers) GO TO PART TWO
    Last edited by ggggr; 21-07-2009 at 07:44 PM. Reason: error