Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got into a fight last night....

RemMag is offline We're getting married, Weevie and me.

Talking Got into a fight last night....

.......with a Fox!!

I was laid up on a bank sniping rabbits, and after fluffing a 45 ( )yarder slightly I had to run out to dispatch the rabbit in question. I had just got to the base of the hedge, when I realised that there was a pair of foxes in under the hedge, with rabbits in their mouths, the first one shot off whilst the second was struggling with a big buck which was putting up a hell of a fight. With a loud cry of "Gerroffmerabbityabugger" I ran to within kicking distance of the fox, (not that I did kick it) for a second I considered putting a shot into it, I have been after my first fox for a while, but 12ft/lbs air (Or my knife!) didn't seem appropriate, so I satisfied myself with putting a shot into the groung near it. Thanks to my highly efficient silencer it didn't notice . The fox finally realised that a bigger, meaner, and sexier predator was standing next to it, so it jumped back up the bank into the hedge, rabbit still screaming blue murder. After a moment of two of bush shaking the rabbit suddenly tumbled out at my feet, so I killed it.

A detailed examination of the rabbit showed that it hadn't been shot, I guess that the other fox had got mine, but I can take pride in having stolen a foxes dinner in compensation for my mums pet chickens. It was pretty amazing being in that kind of proximity to a hunting fox though.
    Last edited by RemMag; 21-08-2004 at 11:53 AM.

lies lies lies i challenge ye to a duel

The fox finally realised that a bigger, meaner, and sexier predator was standing next to it
    Aye, be amusing to see how ye'd fare without a gun, knife or stick LOL
    HW100 T .177 - MTC Mamba 3-12x44 IR
    BSA S10K .22 - Bushnell Legend 5-15x40

Zanx Guest
    Are you some kind of Ninja?

Aye, be amusing to see how ye'd fare without a gun, knife or stick LOL
    I think that I could probably kill I fox with my bare hands if I really wanted to, probably by strangling it, banging it against a tree, or stamping on its head. They aren't that big!

I think that the whole point of humans is that instead of trying to bite other animals to death we invented the pointy stick (and derivatives thereof) to make it easier, so I might just hit it with a rock..
    Last edited by RemMag; 21-08-2004 at 11:53 AM.

icarus Guest
    This is looking more promising than the Gary C thread...

I reckon if the fox got its hair off it would nail you, one quick bite to the knackers and it would all be over.
    Or if you are a girly student it would only have to bark and you'd run off.

I remember a programme on TV ages ago about rabies and there was a rabid fox that looked mean as ****, theres no way I would have gone into a room with the thing as it was trying to kill anything that came near it.

My dog is about the same size and build as a fox and I've got a tenner that says you couldn't take him - hows that for a challenge

Sid Guest
    Not going into a room with a rabid fox is just gay

This is looking more promising than the Gary C thread...

I reckon if the fox got its hair off it would nail you, one quick bite to the knackers and it would all be over.
    Or if you are a girly student it would only have to bark and you'd run off.
    Yeah, but it ran off when I swore at it, so its a moot point really. I wouldn't want to try to kill a fox (or your dog) barehanded, seems like a great way to catch something nasty and get your eyes scratched out, (Or is that women?) but if I really really had to, I am fairly sure I could. It might have more teeth but I weigh at least 10 times as much.

If I have fight with your dog and kill it will you stamp on my head??

Oh, and I'm not a girly student until the 25th September, until then I am a grumpy shop assistant, so I could just patronise it to death anyway! (I guess I'll be growing my hair and drinking snakebite soon though........)

icarus Guest
    Originally posted by alexclarke

If I have fight with your dog and kill it will you stamp on my head??

I won't need to, I'd just sweep what was left of you out into the yard

BTW if you had cornered the fox and it had turned on you it would have been fighting for its life, whilst you were just fighting for your supper - I wonder who would have backed down first.

icarus Guest
    Originally posted by Sid
    Not going into a room with a rabid fox is just gay

You should have seen it Sid, it was the baddest fox I've ever seen.

If that makes me a mincer then fair enough, I'll go and borrow Garys socks...

BTW if you had cornered the fox and it had turned on you it would have been fighting for its life, whilst you were just fighting for your supper - I wonder who would have backed down first.
    Hence my comment that if I really had to/wanted to I could take a fox with my bare hands. I never said that I did actually want to!! If you pay me £500 and 50% of the video rights I will fight your dog to death though.

Actually I had an order from the butcher, and its hard enough without the foxes nicking your rabbits.
    Last edited by RemMag; 21-08-2004 at 12:35 PM.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by alexclarke
    I never said that I did actually want to!! If you pay me £500 and 50% of the video rights I will fight your dog to death though.

Originally posted by alexclarke
    I think that I could probably kill I fox with my bare hands if I really wanted to, probably by strangling it, banging it against a tree, or stamping on its head. They aren't that big!

I think that the whole point of humans is that instead of trying to bite other animals to death we invented the pointy stick (and derivatives thereof) to make it easier, so I might just hit it with a rock..
    They ain't THAT big, but they've got the weapons built in to make sure you won't get near it without getting 'blooded' yerself.

the video would be a hoot

They ain't THAT big, but they've got the weapons built in to make sure you won't get near it without getting 'blooded' yerself.
    I know. I just wondered how big you though a fox was, most people who haven't seen many seem to think that they are about the size of an Alsation or a big Lab.

most people who haven't seen many seem to think that they are about the size of an Alsation or a big Lab.
    I'm sure Lazapells (or whatever his name is) has taken down a few lassie sized foxes with his 12ft/lb pea shooter

Size is not important (oo-er missus ) it's how 'game' something is, ever tried to get a cat that ain't up for co-operating into a travel box....jayzuz, vicious lil blighters, i could only imagine a wild animal being cornered and fighting it out....very messy!