Thread: Got into a fight last night....

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    RemMag is offline We're getting married, Weevie and me.

Talking Got into a fight last night....

.......with a Fox!!

I was laid up on a bank sniping rabbits, and after fluffing a 45 ( )yarder slightly I had to run out to dispatch the rabbit in question. I had just got to the base of the hedge, when I realised that there was a pair of foxes in under the hedge, with rabbits in their mouths, the first one shot off whilst the second was struggling with a big buck which was putting up a hell of a fight. With a loud cry of "Gerroffmerabbityabugger" I ran to within kicking distance of the fox, (not that I did kick it) for a second I considered putting a shot into it, I have been after my first fox for a while, but 12ft/lbs air (Or my knife!) didn't seem appropriate, so I satisfied myself with putting a shot into the groung near it. Thanks to my highly efficient silencer it didn't notice . The fox finally realised that a bigger, meaner, and sexier predator was standing next to it, so it jumped back up the bank into the hedge, rabbit still screaming blue murder. After a moment of two of bush shaking the rabbit suddenly tumbled out at my feet, so I killed it.

A detailed examination of the rabbit showed that it hadn't been shot, I guess that the other fox had got mine, but I can take pride in having stolen a foxes dinner in compensation for my mums pet chickens. It was pretty amazing being in that kind of proximity to a hunting fox though.
    Last edited by RemMag; 21-08-2004 at 11:53 AM.