Thread: .177 Heavys

.177 Heavys

Any comments for the Jsb heavys-daystate heavys .177 in long range shooting ?

yes

aim very high

HW100FAC with JSB Heavies

23mm group c-c at 70M for 10 shots....enuff said!
    www.delgi.com
    www.olympicguns.co.za
    Steyr LG110 FT
    Steyr LG110 HP .20cal
    Steyr LG20 FT
    AA S400 Ginb FT
    HW100 FAC Ginb FT
    FX Verminator,Gladiator, Ranchero
    Logun Axsor
    Logun S16Xs FAC
    FWB300S
    AA Venom ProSport Ginb FT
    AA Venom TX200HC CS1000
    Steyr LP50 and LP10
    SAM K15
    Theoben Evo .177
    Theoben Crusader .20
    BSA Lightning XL Tactical .177
    Winchester Mod52 .22LR silhouette
    Hammerli 152 Electronic .22 free pistol, others...

I ask because i throw them at 955fps and they have not good BC ! With a spring gun I see the drop comparing with 8.4gr in 920-940fps . And only in real calm wind and weight group well in 70-80-90. They are going everywhere when there is even slightly wind . I think i have to detune the gun with hope of better BC and shoot some 9.5gr Loguns to check and them. Airgun god i have see what you mean with dots. Guidodg i remember your group because the HW100 in .177 and 10.3gr was my central plan but i have not gone to pcp world yet ! What about BC ? Thanks both.

I tried a handful I was given as a sample when I bought a tin. I didn't get as far as opening the tin as although my Scorpion liked them and they grouped VERY well at 30 yards they had the predictable loopy trajectory of a heavier pellet and the drop at 45 yards was pretty impressive!

I think if you want to to use a heavier than average .177 heavy pellet that still performs very well try 9.5 grain Penetrators. My Scorpion LOVES them, as did my old Falcon too. A lot of people on here are using them as their preferred hunting pellet. They are super accurate, flat flying and have a great BC so they retain a lot of energy downrange.

I started my .177 life shooting AA Fields (I've only been shooting .177 for a few months now). With a 35 yards zero they were dropping 2.5" at 45 yards. The Penetrators are dropping 0.75" at 45 yards!!!

They are a superb long range hunting pellet and 45 yard head shot rabbits off the bipod in still conditions are too easy. I wouldn't have even considered a 45 yard rabbit with the AA Fields.

HTH

Ben
    >Weihrauch HW100TK .177 c/w Hawke SF Varmint 3-12x44 Scope
    >Weihrauch HW97k .177 c/w Hawke Vantage 3-9x50 IR Scope

Hinksy i have try Baraguntas H&N ,crosman premiers 10.5 and the Jsb of course ! None of this heavy pellets give me what i want. Speed with good BC and accuracy ! I have shot some 9.5 Loguns ( i am waiting new delivery Monday ) with not looking the drop only if they group. As i remember not excellent but they where unweighted and windy. It my last chance ( i have order and webley harrier 9.5) for good pellet over 8.4gr. I dont want to detune it so much and play again with medium weight pellets. In .22 the Loguns 16gr give me lower BC than 16gr JsB in Diana barrel but ok grouping . If the Loguns are here Monday morning i am going to take the day off !