Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nikko Sterling 4-16x50AO GameKing, non IR

Cavalier Guest

Nikko Sterling 4-16x50AO GameKing, non IR

I bought this scope brand new for just under £70 posted and for this money was not expecting too much. This scope is fitted to my 1710 which was scopeless.

It duly arrived through the post and looked good on the box!!!
    When i got the scope out it looked really nice and well made, a quick check over confirmed it. I mounted it to the 1710 and it really looks the business going really nicely with the Anschutz classic looks.

The scope zeroed in well and the turrets were not bad to use, a little awkward for my sausage fingers. All the adjustment rings are smooth and positive.
    The Mil-Dot retical is 4 dots per post and athough not the finest it is not the chunkyest either and very useable and comfortable. I prefer non illuminated ret as i never seem to use it, even lamping but i would think the Mil-Dot ret lends it self well to this. The Glass is very clear and crisp but obviously not upto Japanese and European standards. The full mag delivers a good picture but not as detailed as better glass also i must tell you, no milkyness we have all come to expect from Chinese optics.

I have already taken bunnies with it and it worked faultlessly in the field, keeping it's zero and the fast focus worked well.

Personally i would use it on anything upto .17hmr but beyond this no even though centre fire rated i would find something better for this.

Scopes are very personal and what is great to one is crud to another but i think anybody would be hard pushed to complain about the GameKing.
    A bargain i reconds

Cav

Cavalier Guest
    These are really great scopes and so much so i have bought another for my .17HMR

I have the 4-16 x 44AO. Good scope for the dosh, but I prefer the Mountmaster range.

Chris.
    Far too many rifles & pistols to mention here.

Can you tell me where you got it for 70 quid please mate? Im after another. Tim

Cavalier Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
    JSR bay shop, last time i looked they had 3 left. Just punch in 4-16x50 once in the scope section and then it should pop up amongst others. I think the price might have gone up a tad since i bought my two, not shaw???
    Good Luck

Kev

got another gun the other day which had one of these on it but the IR version and im very impressed nice clear optics
    Adam

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
    http://cgi.############/NIKKO-STIRLI...d=p3286.c0.m14

ATB
    {CZ .17HMR 452 Silhouette | MTC Viper 6-24X56IRS | Harris Swivel Bipod | SAK ModPic
    {Ruger 10/22 Semi Auto Synthetic .22LR | Bushnell Trophy 3-9X40 | Harris Swivel Bipod | SAK Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
    The Glass is very clear and crisp but obviously not upto Japanese and European standards. The full mag delivers a good picture but not as detailed as better glass also i must tell you, no milkyness we have all come to expect from Chinese optics.

Cav
    Hi, i used to have a Nikko Sterling more than 20 years ago on a rimmy. It was a 6x40, nothing fancy but really good glass. I'm pretty sure they were made in a factory in Tokyo then. Sounds like the move to China hasn't took anything away in the quality department.

ATB.

Hi

Chris, why do you prefer the mountmaster to the Game king.

I have a mount master on one of my air rifles, and I'm considering a game king for the other.

Ian.

The Gameking offers exceptional optics for the money and makes me wonder how Nikko can do????
    Nikko Stirling have always been good value for the money optics.
    Their top end range old and new have been some impressive with first class glass at a very reasonable asking price. I have three Nikko Stirlings now, 2 old and 1 new and can honestly say i really like them
    John Darling JD (1946-2004) was my inspiration to be the best i can and enjoy the sport i love. R.I.P
    A dedicated HW80 Fanatic and owner since 1986 to present.

Nice review I've just ordered the same scope £65 posted from the same place.
    Atb Wayne.

These are a great scope for the money, i have the IR version and it's pretty good. Thumbs up for this scope

Looks a good scope for the money, might just invest in one

Does anyone know where i could get a sunshade for the above scope please,

Atb wayne

I'm toying with one of these for my 17hmr