I got put on to these scopes by a BBS friend, I wanted a scope that I could make out a shot up 15mm kill at 8yds and still clearly see a 45yder. I called in at BARSKA's UK importers, South Yorkshire Shooting Supplies (www.rimfiremagic.co.uk) to see what they were like.
First impressions were that they were well built, side wheel focus, mildot. The guys at the shot are very friendly and let me take a scope out side to check the DOF. I placed a £1 coin at a paced out 8yds and set the scope to 8x (my prefered mag), looking at the coin I played around with the side wheel paralax and ended up on around a 17yd focus, I could easily make out the queens head, and after adjusting the quick eye focus, the mildots also. I brought the scope up and could clearly make out sign's at 55yds+. I bought it!

After fitting some low 1" mounts to my Steyr I set out to PARC for a zero session, this is where some problems arrose. The scope zero'd easily and accuratly BUT all my aim pionts that I used on my Viper 10x44 were well out, more than just a lower scope would show. After some testing and some math (not my stongest piont) I worked out that a "true" mildot measures 36"@1000yds, nothing new there. The Barska worked out approximatly a third more, 56"@1000yds. Once i'd worked this out I simply took a third off all my aim pionts and all my bracketing charts and it's bang on.

A key selling piont (and the main reason I bought it) is thats its a first focal plane reticle, this means (if you don't know) that once all aim pionts etc are worked out, you can shoot the scope on ANY mag you like as the reticle increases and decreases in size depending what mag your on so keeping the reticle a constant size to your target, Brilliant.

I shoot SFT on 10x or 12x and HFT on 7x or 8x and everything is the same.
Well worth the £125 asking price, the different mildot spacing could cause people not to buy it but once you know to take a third off everything its fine.

I have shot it in competition and its more accurate than I am (not hard), just need more practice now.

A key piont that would make this scope a rival for the superscopes is if it did have a "true" mildot and also half mildot lines like the £105 more Menace ESM.
But for the money i have no complaints at all.