Thread: 12ft/lb 60/80/100yards?

Question 12ft/lb 60/80/100yards?

When I get the time (and some decent weather) I intend doing a lot more long range.

My question relates to the fact that all the threads here have been shot over so many different distances that it becomes hard to compare. Clearly people have some constraints imposed by the land they shoot over etc.

My thinking is to shoot at 60/80/100 yards. 60 is still do-able when the wind blows a bit, 80 and 100 I find need nearly perfect conditions to prevent it becoming a bit of a lottery.

Just a thought anyway, would allow us to see how we're getting on compared to the hotshots, or does this seem like setting out 'rules' which stiffles the experimental/fun aspect of LR airgunning?

Happy shooting...

Which air gun and pellet are you going to use ?

.22 or .177??

springer section?...
    Definately too many rules...Run what ya brung and the further it is, the more exciting.

i think a lot of people want to be in the MOA 'Club'......a '5?' shot group @ 100yds all whithin a 1" circle....i did 4 then dropped one on the wind, must have another go!
    SIHFT Winners 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - AND 2014....2015..2016...oh look back at green...running out of colours! Ha!

Mog is offline Mog has so much potential but does not apply himself fully.
    St Hilaire du Harcouët, Lower Normandy/East Sussex
    Quote Originally Posted by blackscale View Post
    ......a '5?' shot group @ 100yds all whithin a 1" circle....i did 4 then dropped one on the wind, must have another go!
    How come you can't do it at 45yds Mike?
    Truttemer Tir Club

Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité

Quote Originally Posted by Xristos View Post
    Which air gun and pellet are you going to use ?
    Will mainly use my Datystate Mk3, due to the scope. Pellets, Daystate select 4.52's are the most accurate out to 60 yards but also will try Logun Penetrators/Mozzies and a few others I've got lying around.
    Mk3 puts out Selects at 780fps (ie sub 12ft/lbs). AA410 is accurate but does seem more prone to throwing the occassional flyer.
    I'll see how it goes and report back.

Quote Originally Posted by Mog View Post
    How come you can't do it at 45yds Mike?
    That IS Funny!...No really funny......

To Win All Together!
    Or TWAT for short!

XX
    SIHFT Winners 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - AND 2014....2015..2016...oh look back at green...running out of colours! Ha!

Best group achieved today was just under the inch at 80 yards (using AA410), Tasco 2.5-10x44AO at 10x mag, Daystate .177 (4.52's). Conditions where nearly perfect, but a light breeze stopped me from going to 100 yards.
    I usually use a piece of 6mm MDF to tape my targets to, the pellets punch nice clean holes through it. However, at 80 yards it is just too thick and the pellets become lodged in it, the down side is that the pellet holes in the target become ragged. So it's going to be cardboard or hardboard from now on.

P.s Where have all the other LR threads gone?