Thread: Opticron 8x32

Opticron 8x32

was after a good pair of Bino's for a while know have several mid priced but wanted some thing small and pocketable,
    was looking toward Leupold found a place on the net called Green Witch of Cambridge went over as not far from me told feller what i wanted to spend and he gave me very nice pair of Leica bino's very good and reasonable at £800.00 then said to me try these and after you have will tell you how much ,
    well he gave me a pair of opticron 8x32 never heard of them my reply any way looked through them and could not put them down they were sharp colour description first class field of view great and took them out at night and result was aw inspireing never seen any bino's that were so clear and the price under a ton in fact they were £98.00 and they are fantastic so if you want a #### hot pair of bino's and dont mind the buget monica then you will love these as indeed i do i realy was impressed.

Opticron 8x32 Origon WP.
    I have guns because i enjoy shooting, what i dont enjoy is being screwed by red tape and a dishonest government.

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by trooper3.1 View Post
    was after a good pair of Bino's for a while know have several mid priced but wanted some thing small and pocketable,
    was looking toward Leupold found a place on the net called Green Witch of Cambridge went over as not far from me told feller what i wanted to spend and he gave me very nice pair of Leica bino's very good and reasonable at £800.00 then said to me try these and after you have will tell you how much ,
    well he gave me a pair of opticron 8x32 never heard of them my reply any way looked through them and could not put them down they were sharp colour description first class field of view great and took them out at night and result was aw inspireing never seen any bino's that were so clear and the price under a ton in fact they were £98.00 and they are fantastic so if you want a #### hot pair of bino's and dont mind the buget monica then you will love these as indeed i do i realy was impressed.

Opticron 8x32 Origon WP.
    Just ordered a pair from Clifton Cameras. £80 + £10 p+p.
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.

Quote Originally Posted by harry mac View Post
    Just ordered a pair from Clifton Cameras. £80 + £10 p+p.
    Binos arrived today. Top service from Clifton Cameras. I'm off stalking tomorrow, so I'll give them a go in the field and get back to y'all.
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.

Like the man said

These are a nice bit of kit. I didn't get the chance to use them under dusky conditions, but they were certainly fine in the thick woods. Much better to carry than my Swarovskis. I think these will be my summer binos from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by harry mac View Post
    Much better to carry than my Swarovskis.
    Could you expand please?
    It's a shrinking list but I name TMR1 foxing rifle in .22/250, Tikka M55 Supersport 6BR, Tikka M65 308, Tikka M65A 308, Tikka M590 243, Sako Finnfire Range .

Quote Originally Posted by tikkathree View Post
    Could you expand please?
    I'll let the numbers do the talking:-
    Swarovski SLC 7X50 B = 820g
    Opticron LE WP 8x32 = 590g
    It doesn't sound like much, or even feel like much in the hand, but after a couple of hours round the neck the difference is very noticable.

Opticron 8x32 Oregon

I was shown a pair of these at one of the Essex Wildlife visitor centres and couldn't believe the price or performance. Apparently they sell a great many of these to youngsters and newbies who want something better than those tiny travel binoculars but don't want a ton weight round their necks (or a massive bill).

I didn't buy a pair, as I'm still trying to wear out a pair of similarly sized Opticrons bought in Essex Gun circa 1980. I use them for inspecting buildings and they get knocked about a fair bit, so the Oregons with their plastic casings should prove a worthy replacement in due course.

I also use Opticron Verano 8x30 and Leica Trinovids of similar size (much heavier). I've also tried Johnny Kingdom's 10x42 Swarovskis - excellent optics and very light but look at the price.
    Essex Air Ambulance saved my life on 20/08/2010 www.essexairambulance.uk.com

Opticron Binoculars are some of the best optics you can buy at a semi budget price.
    I have owned a pair of Opticron 10x50 BGA roof prism Bino's for the last fifteen years and in my opinion they are brilliant and every bit as good as Zeiss at half the price. When I bought them,they were then the top of the range model and cost £450, however I have never once regretted buying them ,and I end up seeing more deer than the clients with their top of the range Leica's and Zeiss models.
    The current top of the range Opticrons are over £700, however they put the same thought, innovation, and quality into their hole range. I cant recommend the brand any higher than that !

Lakey

Talking binoculars

do they come in a carrying case,and are they waterproof
    regards
    paul ferry:

I've recently bought a pair of the Oregon 10 x 42, and the low light performance is fantastic. Mind you, I'm comparing them to a couple of real cheapies I've got.

The Oregon LE WP is waterproof and comes with a soft case.

Rob
    "The more inept the state, the more numerous the laws" - Roberticus

a pair of opticron 8x32 discovery wp pc weight wise compared with my
    leica trinovids is alot easier on your neck , carn,t be bettered for the price,
    compared to the leica.
    bob

I've had the 10X42 BGA for a couple of years now and they're excellent. By pure chance found that their UK operation is based in Luton so was able to do a very good deal with them.

Cannot compare them to anything else but for me they seem to be the business

hi paul they do come with a case strap and are water proof also while out i dropped mine 135 feet yes 135

feet went done the cliff got them back looked through them still crystal clear took them back to where i bought them told them what happened they sent them to Opticron

sent them back to me checked over found to be fine no leaks no damage still all tight.

paul
    I have guns because i enjoy shooting, what i dont enjoy is being screwed by red tape and a dishonest government.

Bought a little pair of Opticron Trailfinder IIs in 8x25, and found them rather little different from Zeiss 10x25s. Very good glasses.

Regards,
    MikB
    ...history... is, indeed, little more than the register of the crimes, follies, and misfortunes of mankind. (Edward Gibbon: Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire)