Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Does nobody post on the BBS about HFT anymore ???

Does nobody post on the BBS about HFT anymore ???

We had over 1`20 people shooting at our club this weekend and only 2 non members have posted .
    So I ask the question is or has the BBS died a death in re lation to the HFT side of our sport
    Ian
    [Ian Bainbridge]

I think its starting to get that way Bainers dont want to say too much...

Ollie
    'Beans??!!....Beans are for Riflemen' (capt Yates 2RGJ)

Well, there are plenty of posts on here about HFT comps and meetings but I've noticed that persons posting adverse comments on the rules, targets, etc. tend to get blasted pretty promptly by the godfathers. Possibly that puts people off? That said, HFT seems as popular as ever and great fun provided you're fit enough to assume the various positions.
    Essex Air Ambulance saved my life on 20/08/2010 www.essexairambulance.uk.com

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by popsheep View Post
    We had over 1`20 people shooting at our club this weekend and only 2 non members have posted. So I ask the question is or has the BBS died a death in re lation to the HFT side of our sport
    Well thats one more than on one forum I could mention, and just checked, and that is two more than on the other two forums which spring to mind, so in answer to your question, no. So could it possibly be that retrospective posting has had its day instead then ?

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

We had over 1`20 people shooting at our club this weekend and only 2 non members have posted. So I ask the question is or has the BBS died a death in re lation to the HFT side of our sport
    Further, this club chat and banter section which is predominantly (93%) HFT, has since it was set up on the 22nd March (exactly three months and one day ago today), attracted no less that 225 posts, which is more than the other forums we are all thinking of attract on the subject in a full year, so I think that pretty much speaks for itself . Atb: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Tamworth, Staffs 198 miles North of Calais :D
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    Well thats one more than on one forum I could mention, and just checked, and that is two more than on the other two forums which spring to mind, so in answer to your question, no. So could it possibly be that retrospective posting has had its day instead then ?
    I set my hft forum up moments before the ukahft decided to shift all its interests to STB, that more or less killed mine, not that i am worried as long as it is accomodated well elsewhere, i think by putting hft in lower sections straight after the pinnacle of the sport, i.e the world champs was not taken very well, i think thats why it went to STB, there is still much to be gained here HFT related even if its not titled as such, each forum has its use and i cannot see the 'our forums got more than yours' argument being of any credit to anyone, long live them all,
    Atb
    Cliff
    Unique S400 Classic with MTC Viper 10x44

On ma dirt farm near Dudley in the Westmidlands.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gold View Post
    I set my hft forum up moments before the ukahft decided to shift all its interests to STB, that more or less killed mine, not that i am worried as long as it is accomodated well elsewhere, i think by putting hft in lower sections straight after the pinnacle of the sport, i.e the world champs was not taken very well, i think thats why it went to STB, there is still much to be gained here HFT related even if its not titled as such, each forum has its use and i cannot see the 'our forums got more than yours' argument being of any credit to anyone, long live them all,
    Atb
    Cliff
    What is STB???

We had over 1`20 people shooting at our club this weekend and only 2 non members have posted .
    So I ask the question is or has the BBS died a death in re lation to the HFT side of our sport
    Ian
    Wish that I could comment fully, me old chum but I feel in this case silence is golden...

Quote Originally Posted by R. P. McMurphy View Post
    What is STB???
    Shooting the breeze mate, its an HFT/FT forum and where UKAHFT post
    "Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons"

On ma dirt farm near Dudley in the Westmidlands.
    Quote Originally Posted by jagxkrs View Post
    Shooting the breeze mate, its an HFT/FT forum and where UKAHFT post
    Tar very much Mr Krs mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Gold View Post
    I cannot see the 'our forums got more than yours' argument being of any credit to anyone, long live them all.
    Totally agree with both the above sentiments Cliff, and wasn't giving it "our forum is bigger than xyz" verbatim, as was just countering the hypothesis that HFT contributions are dead on the BBS with actual facts ... I thoroughly enjoy visiting the AGF and STB, and long may they continue as forums, as you say, and wanted to state that here and now before anyone intimates to the contrary . Atb: G.

Ian,

Unfortunatly your right, there seems to have a been a missunderstanding, somewhere, don't know if it's personalities or ego's or if there's something we are not privvy too.

The more DEDICATED HFT shooters appear to be using STB.

This may may cause me to be banned, but so be it, shame really, but he ho.

Regards

Alegazmoz is offline Southern Hunter Burger Tester
    Quote Originally Posted by steveggg View Post
    The more DEDICATED HFT shooters appear to be using STB.
    I've registered .... now what?
    Cos the warm feeling I experienced after doing so, . is just cos I wet me pants!
    More mints mother!

arf!

Quote Originally Posted by steveggg View Post
    This may may cause me to be banned, but so be it, shame really, but he ho.
    ... Steve, so why on earth would that be then ??? Am suprised you said that . As you say, shame ...

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    ... Steve, so why on earth would that be then ??? Am suprised you said that . As you say, shame ...

I think what he means is from what ive heard so many posts have been moved, deleted and members banned from writing things that years or months back were ok.
    I have heard of someone replying on one of my sales ads that got banned for just saying he had seen the item and was in great condition
    I think the deleating and banning has got way out of control and will ruin this forum, and with so many sub sections means it is a nightmare finding the post you want to read.
    I used to use the general section for most of my posts but now im not sure where to post or if it may last a few days or hours before removing.
    Shame as ive always loved the bbs for all the banter.
    Maldon and district arc the fastest growing club in the South http://www.madarc.co.uk/

M.A.D For It