Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Does nobody post on the BBS about HFT anymore ???

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    Further, this club chat and banter section which is predominantly (93%) HFT, has since it was set up on the 22nd March (exactly three months and one day ago today), attracted no less that 225 posts, which is more than the other forums we are all thinking of attract on the subject in a full year, so I think that pretty much speaks for itself . Atb: G.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooby View Post
    That's strange as the forum I'm thinking about has has over a 1000 in exactly the same period
    Yes you are quite right, and we are talking about the same forum I feel (and a very good one it is, too, I'll ad ), so I am sorry, I was wrong, so please allow me to put the record straight.

Where I wrote posts I meant threads. You have (quite correctly) in response quoted posts then, which as you say, number 1000. Had I correctly written threads as I'd meant however, the 1000 you detail would instead number 99. Similarly, had I quoted posts not threads, the actual post count for this section on the BBS since March, should read 3,499. Hope this helps clear things up. But as Cliff says, this isn't a whose is biggest competition, so lets leave this particular facet of this thread there . Atb: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Fair enough, I was talking strictly the UKAHFT/WHFTA section, if however we include all HFT related posts & threads then we get to 204 threads with 1997 posts in exactly the same period of time, not may I add in the whole year

Jackel is offline Welding guru and moderator to the stars
    I've lost the will to live reading all that
    The impossible I do immediately, miracles take 24 hours..

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE,IT JUST COSTS MORE

Mog is offline Mog has so much potential but does not apply himself fully.
    St Hilaire du Harcouët, Lower Normandy/East Sussex
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackel View Post
    I've lost the will to live reading all that
    ....If that's the case, could you please do it on 'Non airgun related' as this is no place for a Voluntary Euthanasia post.
    Truttemer Tir Club

Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité

Quote Originally Posted by Mog View Post
    ....If that's the case, could you please do it on 'Non airgun related' as this is no place for a Voluntary Euthanasia post.
    We'd have more chance of a Voluntary Yoof In Asia ( Blame Ali G) section...

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooby View Post
    Fair enough, I was talking strictly the UKAHFT/WHFTA section, if however we include all HFT related posts & threads then we get to 204 threads with 1997 posts in exactly the same period of time, not may I add in the whole year
    Hee hee, nice one, now let’s let that lie ... Have received many p-ms about this thread today, most from good guys that I respect and have responded too (and thank you), even if in some instances we have agreed to differ, but I have also had some p-ms from a few trolls that I have ignored and not banned (yet ).

I have also been told, and been forwarded copies of p-ms (so I now know names), that some insipid weak little people are deliberately trying to stir it up here. Why, I don't know. But they won't succeed in winding me up, as after spending almost every alternate Friday and Saturday night of the 1990s dickie-bowed up, on the doors of an array of bars, pubs, and night clubs across Essex, to earn a few extra quid (gave it up when the licensing system became compulsory), my immunity and tolerance to trolling is at an all time high .

Okay, so I may have given those who resist change their rallying call by deleting the post from Sparky as detailed above (which again I make no apology for), and know I unwittingly upset some, by moving the worlds threads from the general bit to the HFT bit (for which I have already apologised unreservedly on forum), but all I ever wanted to do here, was keep the shooting events listings clear of clutter so folk can see at a glance what events are coming up (which seems to be working ), and provide HFT and FT shooters with a clearly labelled section on the home page where they could chat and banter.

You must agree, that now that I have achieved this, it is already ten times better than what went before (one section called uk events with no mention of HFT or FT in the title, and strings of pointless posts keeping a few events at the top while others languished below), and if I published the list of names of people who asked me to make the changes along these lines, you would be staggered, I know, as to aid their camouflage, some have even adopted the mantle of being anti .

I just can't see why some people are so against these new systems and sections though. Okay, it is not the system most HFTers would have liked (HFT at the top of the home page), but it is better than what went before, surely you can see that, and is the best I can do. In view of the aforementioned trolling to antagonise behind the scenes that this thread is creating however, I'm now going to lock it, so I can get back to doing what I am supposed to be doing, and that is doing my best for the BBS collective, by answering queries (nine in the last hour), and investigating troublesome sales . Atvb: G.
    Last edited by Gareth W-B; 26-06-2009 at 03:51 PM. Reason: general editing and spelling.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.