Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Does nobody post on the BBS about HFT anymore ???

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by nibbley-uk View Post
    I used to use the general section for most of my posts but now im not sure where to post or if it may last a few days or hours before removing.
    Hmmm. All deleted threads are kept on member’s records for admin to see, and you have only had one thread deleted, and that was on 12th July 2008, eight months before the bump rules and new sections were initiated, so I fail to see what you are implying here, and as for saying ...

Shame as ive always loved the bbs for all the banter.
    Ahem, maybe that is why after the bump rules were introduced in March (at many members request I may ad), that Jim and I strove to set up this clearly identifiable and easily findable club chat and banter bit that you seem to have had no trouble locating thus far ... .

I have heard of someone replying on one of my sales ads that got banned for just saying he had seen the item and was in great condition
    Who told you that? Fat bloke down the pub? That is total rubbish ... If he was banned from the BBS it must've been for far more than the single post you describe, so think it more likely the tale you tell is just fish-wife fence-top Chinese whispering which has turned the possible issuing of an infraction for contravening the rules into death at dawn (as opposed to death by Dawn, my ex, as that would be an inhumane and horrible prospect ).

Never one to totally dismiss an allegation however, so p-m me the user name of the member you say was ban for a simple bump post, and I will look into it ... Right, got a toddler to feed, then the school run, then an evening shoot down the farm, so I'm off now 'til (probably) late tonight, so please keep it civil . Atb: G.
    Last edited by Gareth W-B; 25-06-2009 at 12:25 PM.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

I dont know if I am reading this right, but how hard can it be to find the HFT etc and banter section?? Its there in full view and no harder to find than the airgun section

If you want to use another forum to chat about whatever part of shooting you enjoy then just do so, theres nothing compulsory about it

If you want to post about HFT on here then it makes sense to do so in the HFT section, the majority of airgun owners dont shoot HFT (you may find that hard to believe) they plink in their gardens, at clubs, hunt etc so we decided that HFT should have their own section so they dont have to wade through non HFT threads, yet still there is complaints, we cannot please everyone

Rules have been made stricter over last year or so but the bump rule is there for obvious reasons, this forum has some of the busiest sales sections of them all and when bumping was allowed a sale post could be on page three in a couple of hours! This rule makes it fair for all sellers, not just those who bump their sale and also get their mates to do so, continually

And looking at the titles of threads below this there seems to be a lot about HFT

Hope that helps
    Baz

http://www.wildcatrifles.co.uk/

[quote=nibbley-uk;3633707]
    I have heard of someone replying on one of my sales ads that got banned for just saying he had seen the item and was in great condition

who was that Darren? pm me if you don't want to put it on open forum

Gareth,

My comment reflects the view of the majority of shooters that i interact with, club plinkers, HFT'ers and hunters.

The general comment is, BE CAREFULL WHAT YOU SAY YOU MAY GET BANNED.

I've only been on the BBS a couple of years, and from my view, have alway's been willing to help others and BUY items.

Now, i just use it to BUY things, as i don't want to take the risk of being banned from a good market place, for the sake of maybe making a comment that, to someone is not politically correct.

My take on it.

PS.
    Gary, might be able to make Springfield, is so would like to have a chat.

Its simple, people dont like change
    [B] Yipee ki yay

P.S. i think you will find the people that complained about us having a laugh on here are most likely the ones that have jumped ship, perhaps the admin team should look at all the e mails complaining about banter on the UK and Worldwide section and see how many of them are still on here, i do miss the banter and i know a new section has been made but its just not the same, now i have to do all my insulting at the club
    [B] Yipee ki yay

Tamworth, Staffs 198 miles North of Calais :D
    Quote Originally Posted by never too old View Post
    P.S. i think you will find the people that complained about us having a laugh on here are most likely the ones that have jumped ship, perhaps the admin team should look at all the e mails complaining about banter on the UK and Worldwide section and see how many of them are still on here, i do miss the banter and i know a new section has been made but its just not the same, now i have to do all my insulting at the club
    Have you no mirrors in your house then ?
    Atb
    Cliff
    Unique S400 Classic with MTC Viper 10x44

Quote Originally Posted by Gold View Post
    Have you no mirrors in your house then ?
    Atb
    Cliff
    Well i was going to cut the rest of the grass tomorrow but now im not sure, see you saturday you big oaf
    [B] Yipee ki yay

Alegazmoz is offline Southern Hunter Burger Tester
    Quote Originally Posted by never too old View Post
    P.S. i think you will find the people that complained about us having a laugh on here are most likely the ones that have jumped ship,
    May be some merit in that observation ...... ego, he go?

arf!

Gareth maybe people like Sparky and big paul are all telling fibs then, not even mentioned the people that have told me they have had posts removed as there have been quite a few.
    The posts ive come accross on the general section where people have asked where have their threads gone and had to restart a new one.
    I had my post removed because i mentioned a cat and it was a genuine enquiry on how to stop a cat sitting on and scratching my car.
    I understand the new section for HFT and the need for it just not used to change as all my post used to be in the general section.
    The site just feels different and not in a good way.
    Maldon and district arc the fastest growing club in the South http://www.madarc.co.uk/

M.A.D For It

Gareth maybe people like Sparky and big paul are all telling fibs then,
    I can not comment on the anonymous nameless members who you refer to, but unfortunately, regarding Sparky and big paul, I fear they maybe -- or at least be very mistaken ... .

Sparky is not banned, I just checked. I deleted one mini post of his in mid April for circumnavigating the swear filter and posting a clearly identifiable swear word on open form, but he didn't even get issued an infraction for that, let alone a ban, and his account (although he has elected not to use it since), is still very much alive.

I deleted said post as being a father with children who like to see what Daddy is doing, I will not tolerate such posts on open forum, and will jump on any such posts whenever I see them, and truly do not care who does not like me doing this. What is more, I am sure this is something that is appreciated by all members of the BBS who have children, who like mine, like to show an interest in what their Mummy or Daddy is doing.

Regarding Big Paul, yes he has been banned, and knowing -- and seeing him regularly -- as I do, I will not embarrass him by posting the real reason he is banned, or go discussing it with people other than him. Big Paul (who is smaller than me I hasten to ad ), is actually an okay bloke, and if he chooses to give you an abridged and sanitised version of events, then so be it, that is down to him.

I can not comment on events and activities in the general and non air gun sections though, as they are sections I have very little to do with, but I am sure that if you have a specific member's ban and/or thread/post deletion that you would like to discuss and can p-m me the exact particulars, I am sure I will be able to get someone to look into it for you.

Am genuinely pleased you can see the reasons behind the need for change, and as is still quite a young set-up, appreciate it may seem alien, but it will grow on you. Lastly, I do actually appreciate the reasoned discourse we have entered into here, as you have conducted yourself in an evaluating and non hostile way (unlike some). I look forward to possibly meeting you at Laity's Birthday weekend. Atb: G.
    Last edited by Gareth W-B; 26-06-2009 at 07:38 PM. Reason: spelling.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Quote Originally Posted by steveggg View Post
    Gareth,

My comment reflects the view of the majority of shooters that i interact with, club plinkers, HFT'ers and hunters.

The general comment is, BE CAREFULL WHAT YOU SAY YOU MAY GET BANNED.
    ... Ever seen the stoning scene from 'Life of Brian' ??? Fat bloke down the pub has got a lot to answer for , and ...

Quote Originally Posted by steveggg View Post
    Now, i just use it to BUY things, as i don't want to take the risk of being banned from a good market place.
    Then I hope you will be pleased to learn that I have only banned three people since becoming a mod, and all to keep the sales section sweet. Banned one guy for sending a rifle with a stock snapped clean in two -- and even then I only ban him after a month had lapsed and he had not honoured his promise to put it right, banned another member for continually posting "that is too expensive" (and words to that effect) on numerous for sale posts culminating in him calling all BBS members a bunch of rip-off xyz's (well you get the picture), and ban the last chap for bidding to buy an item auction-style (he is back now though, as unlike the others as above was only sent on holiday for a week).

I still think it a shame that you feel that way however, especially as we discussed things off forum, but ultimately its your choice and I respect that. May see you at Springfields myself then, as although a bit difficult now, due to the date change clashing with work, I do fully intend to do my best to try and be there, after all, it is my club and I was it's secretary at one stage, too . Atb: G.
    Last edited by Gareth W-B; 26-06-2009 at 12:14 PM. Reason: spelling.

Thanks to the lads who informed me of this post, this is the first time that I’ve logged in on here for a long and it will definitely be the last, but like to post the facts.

Gareth I actually got deleted twice, once asking a simple question why we had to have sub sections for HFT with no swearing or any kind of abuse, so not sure why that got deleted? Or was it a case of because I didn’t agree it had to go, and the other one which you already posted about,but failed to say that it was asking about why my previous post was deleted, and for the record I’ve not told anyone that I have been banned, just the truth that I’ve chose not to post anymore.

Shame about this AirgunBBS as at one time it was the place to go, but not for me anymore I’m afraid, and this is why I’ve not been a primadona and asked for my account to be deleted as you never know one day it may get back to how it used to be

Meaning its supposed to be an Airgun forum not bad when at the top of the page you have Non Airgun, Rimfire, Reloading,Muzzle loaders and Collecting etc yet right and the bottom in a subsection you have HFT.

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    Further, this club chat and banter section which is predominantly (93%) HFT, has since it was set up on the 22nd March (exactly three months and one day ago today), attracted no less that 225 posts, which is more than the other forums we are all thinking of attract on the subject in a full year, so I think that pretty much speaks for itself . Atb: G.
    That's strange as the forum I'm thinking about has has over a 1000 in exactly the same period

Quote Originally Posted by sparky View Post
    Thanks to the lads who informed me of this post, this is the first time that I’ve logged in on here for a long and it will definitely be the last, but like to post the facts.

Gareth I actually got deleted twice, once asking a simple question why we had to have sub sections for HFT with no swearing or any kind of abuse, so not sure why that got deleted? Or was it a case of because I didn’t agree it had to go, and the other one which you already posted about,but failed to say that it was asking about why my previous post was deleted, and for the record I’ve not told anyone that I have been banned, just the truth that I’ve chose not to post anymore.

Shame about this AirgunBBS as at one time it was the place to go, but not for me anymore I’m afraid, and this is why I’ve not been a primadona and asked for my account to be deleted as you never know one day it may get back to how it used to be

Meaning its supposed to be an Airgun forum not bad when at the top of the page you have Non Airgun, Rimfire, Reloading,Muzzle loaders and Collecting etc yet right and the bottom in a subsection you have HFT.

Pete
    Thanks for taking the time to contribute. I never said you were saying you were banned, and am glad you have helped to clear that up, and am equally pleased you are keeping your account live.

Have just checked your BBS history (all deleted posts are stored) and sorry, but you are mistaken. Yes you did have two posts deleted around the same time, which were the one I deleted for the reason as I have explained (for which I make no apology whatsoever), and another, which was deleted by a different member of the adnin team, which I have just read, and did not contain the content you seem to think it did.

Regarding the other issues you raise about section orders on the home page, although this may seem like I am passing the buck (which I am ), that is totally out of my control. In defence though, the events sections have always been where they are now, so why choose Easter 2009 to start complaining about it?

Once again, many thanks for taking the time to temporarily return to the forum, it is greatly appreciated, and I genuinely wish you every success with the season's shooting. Atb: G.
    Last edited by Gareth W-B; 26-06-2009 at 12:37 PM. Reason: general editing.