Thread: MEC or Champion Glasses

MEC or Champion Glasses

Just taken up 10m Air-Rifle and Smallbore shooting, I would like to buy Glasses for these disciplines and have seen MEC Glas and Olympic Champion for the same price. Is one better than the other? Any Recommendations ?

there is a second hand pair od Varga ones at NSRA Alderslet

ATB

Phil
    AAS200T.177 & S510SL .177. FWB P70(diopter), P70 FT(Big Nikko) Steyr LP10, LG110(Big Nikko), LG20(diopter) . The gun is deadly accurate - shame about the user

The Doctor is offline It's my birthday and I'll cry if I want to
    Quote Originally Posted by big_phil555 View Post
    there is a second hand pair od Varga ones at NSRA Alderslet

ATB

Phil
    There were - they were sold last week I believe? The Varga ones I found a little in the way of adjustability that both the mec and the champions offer; when I was looking around at buying some, I assessed what I needed and why - the champion glasses seem to have the edge on most things, although the mec glass system are well recieved by many.

Its one of those try before you buy if you can get to ....if I buy any more, it will be the champion ones.

Lee
    Please tear carefully along the perforation.

as advised by the doc, try before you buy, but i'd definitely consider the offset nose versions of the olympics for 10m AR... i have a set of champion olympics for 10m AR and that's the only thing i'd like to change, however it's not really a problem, it's just i'd prefer the nose out of the way.

my sidekick has some mec's... not sure there's much in it, but can't compare until next week.

i'd say though that you might want 2 pairs as reseting them for each position will be a bit of a nause... i can't use the ones i use for 10m for prone.

i'd say though that you might want 2 pairs as reseting them for each position will be a bit of a nause... i can't use the ones i use for 10m for prone.
    I would be a bit more positive than that and say that you will need two pairs. Shooting glasses require quite a bit of time to set up properly and you will need someone with a bit of knowledge to assist you. Once you have got them set up the last thing you need is to have to change them. As RobF said, the adjustment can be a bit more tricky for standing so it is worth getting the pair with most options for this purpose. For prone you can get away with a simpler set of frames.

However there is a cheaper option available if you only intend to shoot prone under NSRA rules and not ISSF. That is the Anschutz Monoframe.

Rutty