Thread: Webley Omega venom Spring Circa 1990.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire

Question Webley Omega venom Spring Circa 1990.

Hi all, have been offered an original Venom spring in and unopened/sealed bag with label saying Venom Webley Omega. The guy selling it is interested in a Tasco I have, and will want to part exchange said spring, with cash, for the scope. Don't want to rob him, as he is a nice old boy, and a good acquaintance, but similarly, don't want to be on the rough end of a metaphorical forty yard dry run up, either.

To this end then, how much do you think I should allow him for the spring in question against the scope? It is original, is sealed, and is about 12 years old (like the single malt I opened this evening ), but when I intimated a tenner, his face scrunched up like a bull dog licking wotsit of a thistle . All thoughts and opinions from my fellow collectors will be gratefully received . Atb: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Hi,

I reckon its worth about the same as a new 2009 quality spring plus perhaps about 10% extra or so for any nostalgia if applicable.
    "helplessly they stare at his tracks......."

Quote Originally Posted by silva View Post

I reckon its worth about the same as a new 2009 quality spring plus perhaps about 10% extra or so for any nostalgia if applicable.
    Thanks for that, yes I can see that, and yes, you are right, it should be the same price as a new something special spring . Anyone know the price of something like an S.F.S., Bonnie & Clyde, or V-Mac Omega compatible spring then please ??? Cheers chaps: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

From memory a V-Mach spring is £25 new.

Rich
    Wanted - Venom Mach 1/2 Trigger

Quote Originally Posted by lightning22 View Post

From memory a V-Mach spring is £25 new.
    Thanks Rich, that is very helpful. I've also just learned that another leading after-market brand (B&C), is £6.50 plus post from a certain individual (), so I'll stick to my original tenner as my trade-in value offer, as although it is a Venom spring he has, which is undeniably intrinsically more valuable than a B&C, as I actually want to use it, if out shopping, I would go for the equally as good yet lesser known cheaper option, so the trade-in price I will allow should reflect the same . Atb: G.
    Last edited by Gareth W-B; 27-06-2009 at 04:13 PM. Reason: pressed the wrong button ...

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    Thanks Rich, that is very helpful. I've also just learned that another leading after-market brand (B&C), is £6.50 plus post from a certain individual (), so I'll stick to my original tenner as my trade-in value offer, as although it is a Venom spring he has, which is undeniably intrinsically more valuable than a B&C, as I actually want to use it, if out shopping, I would go for the equally as good yet lesser known cheaper option, so the trade-in price I will allow should reflect the same . Atb: G.
    I'm not entirely sure, but from Dave's recent posts it sounds as though he is using OEM springs rather than anything slightly 'special'.

It's a pity POK! isn't able to source the springs that he used to be able to, they were excellent.

Rich
    Wanted - Venom Mach 1/2 Trigger

Quote Originally Posted by lightning22 View Post
    I'm not entirely sure, but from Dave's recent posts it sounds as though he is using OEM springs rather than anything slightly 'special'.

It's a pity POK! isn't able to source the springs that he used to be able to, they were excellent.

Rich
    i use many different springs bsa, webley, =(venom with wider lands) titan depends on the gun to name a few

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    SFS charge a tenner for thier springs

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

I like S.F.S. springs and I like B&C springs, and would be happy to fit either. Got the above brand new Venom spring for a tenner today however (), so will be fitting that, after all . Going to lock this thread off, and let it sink now then, but not before thanking all who have offered help and advice above, and by p-m. Atb: G.