Thread: Airsporter .177

Airsporter .177

Hi all, don't know if anyone can help with a valuation please. I've been offered a supposedly mint and as new Airsporter .177, still in it's box. I don't know what year or model and haven't seen it yet (tomorrow all being well).
    Can anyone give me an idea of value?
    He's also got "something else that you fill with air" but that's a bit on the vague side for a valuation I reckon
    Thanks
    Rod

Operating without any decent restraint - Nottm
    Quote Originally Posted by rodp View Post
    Hi all, don't know if anyone can help with a valuation please. I've been offered a supposedly mint and as new Airsporter .177, still in it's box. I don't know what year or model and haven't seen it yet (tomorrow all being well).
    Can anyone give me an idea of value?
    He's also got "something else that you fill with air" but that's a bit on the vague side for a valuation I reckon
    Thanks
    Rod
    You'd be better off posting this in Anorak corner errr Collectables.

Maybe a kindly Mod, (if there is such an animal) could move it for you.
    1st Battalion Humberside Cavalier Rescue Deserters on the cut

probably best to ask in the collectors section there a bit more up on this sort of thing
    S400 Carbine

SNAP need to speed up
    S400 Carbine

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil. View Post
    You'd be better off posting this in Anorak corner errr Collectables.

Maybe a kindly Mod, (if there is such an animal) could move it for you.
    Hmmm, hello Neil. Got a great big ZAP button here, and me finger is hoverin' . Ha ha ha. Yep, will move it to the gentlemans section right now . Atb: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Hi all, don't know if anyone can help with a valuation please. I've been offered a supposedly mint and as new Airsporter .177 still in it's box. I don't know what year or model and haven't seen it yet (tomorrow all being well). Can anyone give me an idea of value?

He's also got "something else that you fill with air" but that's a bit on the vague side for a valuation I reckon .
    Hi Rod,

You are now in the collectors section, where imho you will get the best help. Your request is very vague however, as there were eight different versions of the BSA Airsporter (not to mention numerous specials), so without extra info, valuing it will be very difficult indeed as if a mint boxed MkI it could be worth £500, but if a MkVI (even if is in .177) maybe no more than £200 tops .

Best thing you could do, would be to (a) get its serial number to post here for referencing against production model runs etc (we have the books and so can do this for you), and by using photobox, post a good selection of photo links (boxed, unboxed, close-ups and full shots of both sides etc), so the best possible identification and price advise can be given.

Regarding the air rifle described as something else that you fill with air, and saying that is a bit vague, well that is like saying that Pope character is a bit Catholic ... Photos and makers name will again aid identification and value here, otherwise anywhere between (quite literally) £100 for a knackered Bam, right up to £10,000 for a Gifford .

I/we look forward to your up-dates etc, so I/we can help you as much as possible. Atb: G.
    Last edited by Gareth W-B; 29-06-2009 at 08:15 PM. Reason: spelling.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    Hmmm, hello Neil. Got a great big ZAP button here, and me finger is hoverin' . Ha ha ha. Yep, will move it to the gentlemans section right now . Atb: G.

Thank you kindly my good man. I put it in general hoping for a better response, didn't realise we (the type that appreciate the finer things in life) were so few

Rod

right up to £10,000 for a Gifford .
    Right, here's hoping it's a Gifford for £20. Any bets that it's not

Rod

Right, here's hoping it's a Gifford for £20. Any bets that it's not

Rod
    ... If it is though and you want to "double your money", then gimme a shout .

You'd do that for me ! You're too good
    Rod

Maybe its a balloon
    AMT Lightning Winchester 250
    Berretta Silver Pigeon II ... Nikko Daiwa 12g
    AA TX200 .177 Prosport .22 HW 90 .22 Venom .22

Quote Originally Posted by Welsh Andy View Post
    Maybe its a balloon
    ... Now that's caught me and is funny -- a fine misty spray of Thatchers Katy cider has just coated my monitor via my nose .

its a balloon

brought on a major snigger with me
    thanks i needed that

sid
    Last edited by snake6; 29-06-2009 at 10:14 PM. Reason: laughing so much,quoted wrong thread

At least you have had some practice on the Airsporter range should it need a service.

And still practising
    One working, and well, but just lashed into a temporary stock. Others waiting to have loading taps made, but first I have to replace the chuck on the lathe, it's just not good enough for that job.
    Rod