Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Chrony PC Interface Cable project.

Gloucester or Cemaes or somewhere in between
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam77K View Post
    Yes it sounds like it's the status string. Only thing was it started misbehaving after it had been connected for 5-10 minutes. Sometimes the chrony would register a shot (showing velocity on its LCD) but no response from the software. Other times the program would register it. I couldn't detect a pattern to this, only that for the half dozen shots I tried over hyperterm there were no glitches.

I'd just like to say the cable is a cracking piece of hardware that now lives in my Chrony when folded. The software also shows every sign of being a superb piece of kit. Keep up the good work!

Next on my wish list is a wireless sender so you can sit on the range line next to your lappy while the chrony sits anywhere you like downrange and sends its readings straight to the PC.
    A pair of these would sort a wireless link very simply
    Weapon of choice: A 600mm Canon. Author of the Pellet Photobase. Twitter me or Burp the Frog
    "It's not what you feel that matters, it's who you touch"

Thumbs up

WHOO!!!! I have been playing with the cable/software and chrony this morning in the garden and all i can say is WOW!!! i am running VISTA plugged it in and it worked flawlessly straight away!! have got it rigged up to a usb extension cable with a repeater on it and then into my PC and onto a 50" plasma!! looks wicked with just the power up on full screen, can look through the window as i fire and see what power and fps it's doing saving the data to the PC is a doddle as well and then exporting it into excel is easy peasy as well!! best money i have spent on the chrony since i bought the printer for it which this now makes redundant!! am going to be on the lookout for a laptop/net-book now so i can take it over to my shoot and play till my hearts content

IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY PUT YOUR NAME DOWN FOR ONE, DO SO NOW!!!! THEY ARE A BRILLIANT BIT OF KIT

thanks

guy

Thanks Guy, glad youre liking it.

I just tested it with a REAL Combro MK4 I just got, working lovely. The Combro stuff was all done with text files, virtual ports and a little help from Robin..

Cheers
    Stot
    Guns: SLR98 - Phoenix - Ultra - HW45 - P800
    Chronographing: www.chronoconnect.com

Parabuteo is offline My Chrony has bought it a couple of times...
    Bloody hell stotty, just downloaded the first version, aint got me cable yet (my fault, Barclays wont allow transfer without some pin thingy) so have sent a cheque (bunged it up a bit for the hassle)....

And you have updated the SW allready...class
    I'm a maggot in another life you know

Yeah I had a couple of easy suggestions so went with it.

Have some other stuff brewing in my head too but theres a lot of legwork to do on it so not going to be a quick major release in the next few months.

V2.0 should be interesting tho...

Cheers
    Stot

Gloucester or Cemaes or somewhere in between
    Quote Originally Posted by Stot View Post
    Yeah I had a couple of easy suggestions so went with it.

Have some other stuff brewing in my head too but theres a lot of legwork to do on it so not going to be a quick major release in the next few months.

V2.0 should be interesting tho...

Cheers
    Stot
    pellet weight database built-in or facility to create our own db maybe
    Weapon of choice: A 600mm Canon. Author of the Pellet Photobase. Twitter me or Burp the Frog
    "It's not what you feel that matters, it's who you touch"

Or a combination of the two. ; ) But thats just for Air rifle pellets. What about powder loads?? Oh and then some....

Cheers
    Stot

Chrono Correct

Hi Guys
    Just like to add my bit: what a great bit of kit........
    Got my cable and downloaded the programme the only problem was me !! (not very good with these computer thingees) I PM'd Stot-meister and had virtually instant responses and consequently had everything up and running in no time. Top Marks Stot !!
    It is very easy to use and virtually does everything for you.
    I have absolutely no hesitation in recommending both the cable and the excellent Chrono Connect programme.
    Regards, Rich
    Last edited by Dyad1; 22-07-2009 at 04:33 PM. Reason: spelling

Cheers Rich, glad you got it working.

Cheers
    Stot

Parabuteo is offline My Chrony has bought it a couple of times...

Thumbs up Simply Brilliant

Stotty, folks...

Just got my cable etc and I am well impressed.

The old process meant noting down each shot (often through the scope if I was trying to work out residual energy etc).

Then, either crunching an average, then FPE etc, or writing the whole lot into one of my own spreadsheets...it was not much of an incentive TBH.

Now, for the princely sum of £30 (Stotty, I did'nt bother with the discount mate, I aint that tight), I can do the lot, straight into a spreadsheet...bosh.

The only things I would like to see on it would be the ability to record the range, and the name of the item under test being in the saved file name, but that is easilly remedied by saving as afterwards...bosh.

OK, I have a laptop, and a chrony, but the layout from Stott is still considerably cheaper and more usefull than a printer.

Seriously, this one ought to be in AGW/Airgunner as a new product, seriously usefull. I dont have any excuse not chronoing regularly now eh
    I'm a maggot in another life you know

Extra Feature - Online Graphs

Hi Guys,

So been testing my new S&W 686 using Chrono Connect and pulled the data into Excel to make a graph and thought... I can do it easier than this...

http://www.chronoconnect.com/graphme.php

Upload your saved files and get a graph.

You can right click the graph and 'save as' a file on your computer, or you can hotlink straight to it by copying the URL and using it in your own pages/forums etc as below....

> MY GRAPH <

Ill be updating it to allow you to customise it some, use ft.lbf instead of FPS, change colours etc.

Have fun!

Cheers
    Stot
    Last edited by Stot; 02-08-2009 at 09:11 AM.

Have updated it now to allow you to change the graph size, line colour and data set.

Cheers
    Stot

Hi Guys,

Got a new batch of these in the New Items section.

Also have some Combro adapters if you have already have a Chrony cable that will allow it to work with a Combro.

Cheers
    Stot