Thread: Webley Senior .22

Webley Senior .22

This realy is a superb pistol, as can be seen from the photo it has had many hours hard work spent on it.
    Highly polished, it can be left as it is, or in a perfect state to blue or nickel, much care was taken in the polishing not to diminish the wording on the pistol which is perfectly clear.
    There is no rust or pitting evident in its condition.
    The main spring is new as is the breech seal. The trigger sear has been polished which uncannily gives the pistol a crisp 2 stage release.
    All the screw heads are unblemished/mark free.
    This is a chance to own a fantastic piece of Webley history that is disappearing very fast to avid collectors at home and abroad.

The case is NOT included in the sale.

Priced at a very realistic £85.00 posted to your door.

Would consider a swap for a good quality 3-9x40, 3-12x40 or similar mil dot scope.

yes please I'll take this one.PM on way.
    Regards
    Mark

Garry is offline I scrolled the page up too fast and it fell off
    Could I ask what polish you used on it? I've a couple of old Webleys which need cleaning and polishing.

Thanks
    Garry

webley

Hi Garry,

It realy is hard work mate, the gun has to be completely stripped to component parts and degreased.
    Starting with medium grade wet and dry, rub all the old finish off being extra carefull around any lettering.
    where there is any deep pitting, I used a Dremel type craft drill with a small drum attachment, use double sided tape and cut strips of various grades wet and dry to take out the pitting.
    Gradually reduce the grit size from say medium to fine.
    Once a uniform finish is attained, I used a mop attachment on a B&Decker drill mounted on a work bench. These are purchased either on line or through auto factors, ( not cheap at around £20.00) but worth every penny, you get various mop heads with three blocks of polishing grit which is rubbed onto the mops, spin away until it gleams.
    Hope that helps.

Webley sold to the chap above pending the usual

Garry is offline I scrolled the page up too fast and it fell off
    Thanks for the advice. I'm currently trying wire wool with Autosol, which gives a nice shiny finish, but most of the pitting etc, is still there. I have a dremmel type tool, but I'm too scared to take it to the pistol!

I'll try the wet and dry like you said. I had thought of using it before, but I thought it might remove too much off the metal.

Thanks again
    Garry

Pistol arrived today, and its as good as it looks in the photo. You must have worn the prints off your fingers Pete. Needless to add I am very pleased and thanks for a great deal.
    ATVB
    Mark