Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Swap .25 cal Bsa Improved Model D

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by silva View Post
    Have you considered a job with the government ?
    ... Now that has truly made me giggle . Ha ha ha. Thank you for lightening an otherwise drab day . Atvb my friend: Gareth.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Having spoken to an "authority" on Military Patterns a few years ago..he did suggest that there were a few....modern copies out there manufactured by some clever chapies involved in the trade....just my pennies worth.

Hi Gareth - Any new updates on the .25 Military Pattern ! Cheers
    "helplessly they stare at his tracks......."

Hi Gareth - Any new updates on the .25 Military Pattern ! Cheers
    Hi. Forgot all about it to be honest, as this was all before my three weeks off line with computer probs, and since being back on line from just before Christmas, have been preoccupied with festive stuff . Will see if I can get some extra info in the New Year . Atb and ...

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Red face Hands Up & Humble Pie

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post

Hi. Forgot all about it to be honest, as this was all before my three weeks off line with computer probs, and since being back on line from just before Christmas, have been preoccupied with festive stuff . Will see if I can get some extra info in the New Year . Atb and ...
    I'll keep this short. I got it wrong. On my earlier visit he was showing me so many wonderful, and rare, old collectables, that my mind must've hit overload, and caused an amalgamation of information ... But rather than fudge round the issue, or B-S my fellow collectors, am going to put the record straight.

The Military pattern in question, was not a .25, but a .177, believed to be one of around one hundred made. Its Military Pattern stable-mate was/is a .22 however. The .25s he showed me were a Standard, and an Imp Mod.D. Sorry for potentially misleading you, it was wholly unintentional.

I now feel duly chastised by myself, yet at the same time, strangely purged, now that I have investigated further, resolved the problem, and come clean. There ya go, I'm now expecting it, so fill ya boots. I've broad shoulders . Ha ha. Atb; G.

Hi Gareth, Is that a cider typo, or is there really a .25 cal Military Pattern out there.
    Cheers
    ... Just remembered this post ... Seems you know me all too well.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    I'll keep this short. I got it wrong. On my earlier visit he was showing me so many wonderful, and rare, old collectables, that my mind must've hit overload, and caused an amalgamation of information ... But rather than fudge round the issue, or B-S my fellow collectors, am going to put the record straight.

The Military pattern in question, was not a .25, but a .177, believed to be one of around one hundred made. Its Military Pattern stable-mate was/is a .22 however. The .25s he showed me were a Standard, and an Imp Mod.D. Sorry for potentially misleading you, it was wholly unintentional.

I now feel duly chastised by myself, yet at the same time, strangely purged, now that I have investigated further, resolved the problem, and come clean. There ya go, I'm now expecting it, so fill ya boots. I've broad shoulders . Ha ha. Atb; G.
    Gareth....

You told me it was a 303

Quote Originally Posted by Binners View Post
    You told me it was a 303
    ... 302 cloth ears

I'm getting dizzy

...need a drink after all this excitement !
    I did see an advert in one of the airgun mags or Gunmart last year from someone selling a .303 style military training airrifle ...its true honest , and his asking price was almost as high as Knibbs want for his Military Pattern

Re the .25 cal - I was once corrected by someone when I mixed my Standards and Improved Models up when querying the .25 calibre . I was told that the .25 cal was The Improved Model D - ie bayonet underlever only and apart from one offs (from the above posts ! ) there never was any done ex factory in the later push button style Standards .....
    Last edited by Arch.Stanton?; 20-01-2010 at 05:26 PM.
    " WHEN YOU'RE GOING TO SHOOT - SHOOT , DON'T TALK ! "