Thread: Falcon or FX

Falcon or FX

Although I mentioned this within another thread I wasn`t sure how many people would see it.
    I am considering the Falcon FN 8" multishot and the FX Ranchero and would be grateful to hear from anyone who has either as I have not yet been able to see or shoot them.
    Regards,
    Bruce.

We've got a secondhand Ranchero in stock so get yourelf up to Devizes and give it a try. I've owned FN6 and FN8 Falcons and have to say the Ranchero is better made and has a better trigger but the balance is just as nose-heavy as the FN8.

Jonathan

Quote Originally Posted by Snapshot View Post
    We've got a secondhand Ranchero in stock so get yourelf up to Devizes and give it a try. I've owned FN6 and FN8 Falcons and have to say the Ranchero is better made and has a better trigger but the balance is just as nose-heavy as the FN8.

Jonathan
    Hello Jonathan,
    Thanks for the offer, I will send you a PM when I can sort out some time, unfortunately I still have to work as the state pension is pathetic.
    I have shot the Brocock Aim X but single shot is too slow any idea how it compares to the FX for ballance.
    Regards,
    Bruce.

Ranchero and FN8

Hi I have the Ranchero and FN6. The Ranchero is a beast of a pistol and basically a heft to point at somthing accurately for long. I turned mine into a beautiful carbine rifle (it's that big)-to give you an idea it's massive compared to a HW45. The FN8 would be better I feel, it's similar to my FN6 with less wood and metal compared to the Ranchero. The Ranchero is overpriced for what it is. I bought my FN6 on from uttings for peanuts. Good pistol although single shot.

Snapshot.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapper View Post
    Hello Jonathan,
    Thanks for the offer, I will send you a PM when I can sort out some time, unfortunately I still have to work as the state pension is pathetic.
    I have shot the Brocock Aim X but single shot is too slow any idea how it compares to the FX for ballance.
    Regards,
    Bruce.
    Based an the message from kippers and the fact you are a fair distance from me, I will not waste your time by coming to see the FX.
    Regards,
    Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by kippers View Post
    Hi I have the Ranchero and FN6. The Ranchero is a beast of a pistol and basically a heft to point at somthing accurately for long. I turned mine into a beautiful carbine rifle (it's that big)-to give you an idea it's massive compared to a HW45. The FN8 would be better I feel, it's similar to my FN6 with less wood and metal compared to the Ranchero. The Ranchero is overpriced for what it is. I bought my FN6 on from uttings for peanuts. Good pistol although single shot.
    Thanks for the information, the pictures and specification on websites made the FX look very tempting but as the pictures never show it alongside any other pistol it was difficult to determine the size and scale of it.
    I have now crossed the FX off my list and will try to find someone locally who has a Falcon.
    Regards,
    Bruce.

Jonny-boy (sp?) in Southampton was selling an FN8-WG but it's a leftie. I know this as it's my old pistol.

Jonathan

Jonny-boy (sp?) in Southampton was selling an FN8-WG but it's a leftie. I know this as it's my old pistol.

Jonathan
    Hello Jonathan,
    Thanks for the info, could you give me some contact details.
    I am right handed and am interested in a multishot, I have shot the Brocock AimX and was very impressed but they only make a single shot which has put me off.
    Regards,
    Bruce.

Thanks for the link,
    As I am right handed I would need a new grip so it would cost almost as much as a new one also the accessories are of no interest.
    Regards,
    Bruce.