Thread: Bsa Firbird

Bsa Firbird

Morning, i was lucky enough to get a go at this rifle at my club on Weds. Its in .20 calibre, was told the conversion was done by the man himself John Bowkett. Any one shed some more info as it may be for sale. I am not a big fan with pcp but this quirky rifle impressed me big time. atb.

Hi Fat man,

As you know they have the rotary breech on these.They come in high/low fill versions.In the .20 Cal it should be worth that bit extra...The brother of these is the Spitfire & are a break barrel pcp.. interchanchable barrels with the Meteor/Merc/S,sport range..right handy guns designed by J.B.

About 35/40 shots..depends on Cal...just sold a Firebird recently on here..do a search for price achieved..ATB,Chris.

thanks Chris,

Hi anyone know if parts are still avalable for these guns!, also if its been modified to .20 would it give more than 35-40 shoots!, also could i get a manual anywhere. thanks for any help. atb

BSA will service them Fat man...as you know J.B. can also "do things" to them...but they only have a very small air resovouir so you'll never get the same amount of shots as a Rapid...

But...if you get the Low fill,you can charge that up in the field from a buddy bottle,& you get about 3 fills from that..so if you start out on full charge then top up from the buddy bottle 3 times you get 150+ shots...... ATB,Chris.

Chris, thats great, thanks for info mate much appreciated. It will if i buy be my second pcp, when i returned to shooting in 2005 i bought a 200, but could not get on with it, like my old springers to much! so sold it within 4 months .

Keep the faith...but experiment..

Anyone got contact details for Mr John Bowket. looks like this .20 Firebird will be coming to stay in my gun cabinet soon. atb and Chris many thanks for info respect.

Nice one Fat man...If you are going to get a pcp...get a "querky" one..

PM incoming........