Thread: THW Internal Pistol Comp, 12th July!

THW Internal Pistol Comp, 12th July!

Here you go, the thread for all your chit chats!!!!

Pistol Competition

I'll be there and I'm bringing my whip, to encourage a few more entries than last time. Seriously, though, club guns are available and I usually have several pistols plus ammo available for those who don't own an air pistol. No excuse for not having a go, especially as no-one's expecting tremendous scores on this tricky silhouette target layout. I'm not bringing my hand-cannon Brocock AimX this time so the field is wide open. Look forward to seeing you there.

David
    Essex Air Ambulance saved my life on 20/08/2010 www.essexairambulance.uk.com

We'll be there to put a number in the box. (Probably a small number if previous score are anything to go by)

It's more about having a go and having fun.

Steve

Judging by how quiet it is on here I recon I'm in with a chance!

I suppose if three people shoot and I come third that's still third!!

Steve

Dont drop your guard!

Oohh their on here, their just not letting you know their on here!

Mrs Tony

Oh so sorry

Quote Originally Posted by steve southend View Post
    Judging by how quiet it is on here I recon I'm in with a chance!

I suppose if three people shoot and I come third that's still third!!

Steve
    Its probably the fact that i pi#### a few people off last shoot, so dont worry
    i will keep a low profile this shoot so i wont offend any one.

Tony

Talking

will hopefully be entering the pistol comp this week

last time i had ago there was a very low number on me card

but its all a bit of fun
    www.th-w.co.uk
    TH-W thorpe hall and wakering HFTC
    Chillaxing to a bit of Deftones every night

I think my sig line needs changing. Perhaps it should read "hit more than I miss unless I use a pistol"

Steve

Silhouette Pistol

It might not sound too impressive to HFT shooters accustomed to regular scores in the 50s but a score of 10 ex 20 at this pistol game isn't bad going at all, especially if using a springer.

I don't recall anyone clearing this course at Highwood FAWC or Theydon Bois/Mays Shooting Club between 1995 - 2006. A score of 15 is excellent and, if anyone clears the course, I'm happy to repeat my personal offer of a suitable prize (no, it's not a blow on the head).

I'll have an HW45 Silver Star .177 and a couple of .177 HW40's with me, plus a .22 Nemesis, so plenty of suitable tools will be available. Who knows, if there's any interest, I may even bring the Rifle Silhouettes along one day - all shot standing: 20, 30, 36 and 45 metres. None of this prone or sitting malarkey!

David

Rifle silhouettes!

Rifle silhouettes sounds interesting, I'm not good at standing shots, so sounds like a bit of a challenge!

Mrs Tony

I do like a challenge. Let's see standing only, using the prosport, I should be suitably knac... worn out by the end of that

Steve

Standing Shots

Steve,

We used to shoot a version of SAR at Highwood, etc. where all shots were taken standing, although you were allowed to rest on trees and bushes where these happened to be at the designated firing point.

Of course, most of the targets were of the half-body type, which gave you a larger area to aim at. On the other hand, you either killed them or you scored zero. A very satisfying type of rifle comp, particularly with springers or gas-ram. Still have the targets.

Good luck everyone with tomorrow's pistol shoot.

David

Silhouette Pistol Shoot

Well done everyone who entered the pistol comp today. Scores weren't high but this is a very difficult game. Congratulations to those who tried the course for the first time using the pistols supplied - I think a few shooters surprised themselves by connecting with a good number of targets. Also, a couple of people seem to have invested in new hardware of the Brocock variety! This gives me a good excuse to bring my own out of temporary retirement. Good to see some targets fallling to a Co2 pistol at last - well done Dave Spary.

No doubt Les will have the results up before long and, with Steve's input, we'll see who the new leaders are.

David