Thread: ft scopes.

ft scopes.

Hi. first posting, as someone who is very new to ft, I am looking for advice as to what scopes people are using. I have a aa 400 mpr ft, and a nikko nighteater 10-50x60. Any advice, comments would be of great use to me. Thanks.

Using a Premier Ret Leupold VX3 20-50 only in production for a short time less than 12 months.
    Do have an even better scope recently acquired back my ole Premier Ret Mark 4 35mag which all other scopes can be judged by inc new S&B. Both not available new.
    Numerous other decent/respectable scopes but dont use them.
    Its personal preference whats good for other people can be useless for you plus there are good and bad in every manufacturer.

big nikko 60 all the way ,,for the money brilliant ,, no temp shift like the leupolds ,for a lot less brass , stick with your set up mate its an ideal starter package

Had a play with the new S&B at Springfield, that is some piece of kit not sure about the price tag though
    "Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons"

Charlts is offline I'm not the Messiah, I'm King of the Creedbros!
    Leicester, Wigston, 171.27 miles North of Calais!
    Quote Originally Posted by jagxkrs View Post
    Had a play with the new S&B at Springfield, that is some piece of kit not sure about the price tag though
    Sod the price tag I want me one of them, Barry and Craig have a lot to answer for!

To answer the original question I use a big nikko too and it ranges very well, I just like German stuff!

Ryan
    The toxicity of lead varies, depending upon the weight of its doseage and its velocity!

The Nighteater is not a great scope but stick with it until you form your own opinion and decide how you are going to shoot FT. For example if you choose to shoot on low mag a fixed mag scope will be of no use.

I've had many of the top FT scopes and all have respective strengths and downsides. After one look through a Burris RA and Leupold MK4 I had to have one and my B & L 36 x 40 had greater resolution than either.

I've looked through three S & B FTs and not developed a great urge for one - though one of them seemed far better than the other two. It's probably relatively cheaper than the MK4 as they were £1100 in 1995.

Despite listing all of these optical masterpieces I use a Deben 10 -50 as the ranging is perfect for me, the turrets are superb and the reticule always seems to be at high contrast to the image, it also focuses to below 8 yards on full power.

FT is not all about optical quality, it's about knowing how far away the target is; though glass of at least good quality is needed.
    Best Regards

Simon

I've got some slug guns.

Ive got to agree with simon here, ive now gone from a leup 20-50 to a new type big nikko, optically not as good but it does the job, easier to use and will accurately rangefind which is the all important thing the optics on the new nikko dramatically improve by just dropping the mag down a bit. I think they are fantastic value for money and readily available
    Click below for my super guns!!

My Rifles