Thread: MAD Open Results 5th July

MAD Open Results 5th July

This was all set to be a perfect day of HFT shooting in one of the best settings for the sport, the MAD woods, until we all saw the targets and realised that MADs own wood-goblin (MR 58) had been at his devious best again and made this course even harder than any of us expected.
    We had two men shooting today, making their first visit to the club all the way from Nottingham Martin Kirkham and Andy Mead. Word has obviously spread far and wide about just how good these monthly comps are.
    Fantastic shooting by junior winner Cameron Casey on only his second HFT shoot, This youngster is one to watch in the future.
    A big well done to all of the class winners.
    Special thanks to Ian (MR58) Bainbridge for setting the course and catering all day.
    This course will be used again in all its devious glory for our Wednesday evening shoot, so please come along and have a go.

Junior results
    Cameron Casey--------53
    Kyle Hampton----------51
    Luke woods------------41

Ladies results
    Steph Kirkwood-------50
    Janine Travers--------47
    Jenny Stone----------47
    Jean Greatrex---------37

22/Recoiling results
    Lloyd Davies----------41
    Simon Vant-----------35
    Alan Ahearn-----------34

Open results
    Richard Woods--------56
    Guy Gillies------------54
    Darren Lindsey--------53--After shoot-off
    Vinny Blackman-------53
    Mike Elliott-----------52
    Nick Thomas---------52
    Clive Presland--------51
    John Grice-----------51
    Wayne Marriott------50
    Ralph Presland-------50
    Ian Bainbridge-------49
    Steve Gillies---------49
    Andy Yates----------49
    Ray Hampton--------48
    Darren Quincey------48
    Simon Parker---------46
    Paul Foyle-----------45
    Tony Ward----------45
    Geoff Ryder----------44
    Les Marshall---------44
    Rik Travers----------44
    Jeff Woods----------43
    Dave Lillywhite------43
    Chris Sutcliffe-------43
    Chris Coomes--------42
    Richard Bailey-------42
    Richard Cunningham--41
    Mick Reed-----------39
    Martin Kirkham-------38
    Andy Mead----------38

Well done Ray getting results up so quick. Superb course in the woods today,had the "honour" (???) of shooting with Darren today, unfortunately none of his skills rubbed off on me. I think Ian deserves a special pat on the back for the amount of work he puts in on a comp day, those burgers don`t cook themselves , how about buying him a fan out of the takings ??

Andy
    A wise man has something to say, a fool has to say something.

Cheers to Andy for being my shooting partner, it really was a contest who could get the most zero`s
    Well done Ian on a wicked but fair course and for your top food as usual.
    Also well done to Dop and Guy for some good shooting today and it was great to see some new faces at the club.
    Sorry i missed a good night last night but by looking at big Chris i think some may of over done it
    Maldon and district arc the fastest growing club in the South http://www.madarc.co.uk/

M.A.D For It

Quote Originally Posted by nibbley-uk View Post
    Cheers to Andy for being my shooting partner, it really was a contest who could get the most zero`s
    Well done Ian on a wicked but fair course and for your top food as usual.
    Also well done to Dop and Guy for some good shooting today and it was great to see some new faces at the club.
    Sorry i missed a good night last night but by looking at big Chris i think some may of over done it
    Think I ate a dodgy burger mate, good to shoot with Dop and Janine that course was evil
    "Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons"

Nice to finaly get to meet Gareth too and i hear he will be returning on wednesday to brush up on some HFT skills
    Maldon and district arc the fastest growing club in the South http://www.madarc.co.uk/

M.A.D For It

Nice to finaly get to meet Gareth too and i hear he will be returning on wednesday to brush up on some HFT skills
    yes this is true gareth is coming over for a plink up and then hes gonna be taken into the woods for damned good thrashing!! if you see what i mean?

thanks to janine the godess of kneeling (oooh aah) who flopped out the 35yd kneelers like they meant nothing and chris who shot really really badly for shooting round with me.

well done to bainbridge for putting out the tricky course and catering for the masses. dunno about the fan though. BUY YOUR OWN!

barbecue was great last night and thanks to the south africans for burning yet another hole in the club car park.

everyone is welcome back on wednesday evening. turn up whenever and shoot till it gets dark

cheers

dop
    M.A.D FOR IT!

Mad shoot

good one and well done to all the people who turned up today ,the course was tough so you are all winners
    thanks to Cleve for the help
    cheers Ian
    [Ian Bainbridge]

Quote Originally Posted by jagxkrs View Post
    that course was evil
    .....ya think!
    JD 10/05/09
    DD 21/07/22

Sunday shoot

Well done to Ian and all involved in getting the shoot together...good weather...great course........not so great score,but very enjoyable
    AA EV2 - 10x44 MTC. HW100 Ginb-10x44 MTC,
    AA TX200SR-10x44 MTC

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Nice to finally get to meet Gareth too and i hear he will be returning on wednesday to brush up on some HFT skills .
    Hi Darren, ditto, and yep, as he says above, weather permitting, Dop is giving me a goin' over in the woods on Wed . Would like to ad a quick thanks to all at M.A.D. for makin' me so welcome over the weekend as well while on the subject however, and as for that reprobate of reprobates, Ian, great to meet you matey, and great cake, too . Atb: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderboy View Post

barbecue was great last night and thanks to the south africans for burning yet another hole in the club car park.

everyone is welcome back on wednesday

cheers

dop
    Got any more wood lying around! If we leave enough black holes in your grass you might just build a proper BQ for everyone! Seriously, cheers for letting us feel at home, love camping at MAD. Good course AGAIN, Bainbridge and Cleve are masters. Chris was FUBAR on sunday - brilliant, and he's on video! So are most of you! Wait for the movie! And finally, congrats to Laity scoring less than his age!
    TX200HC, Prosport, LGV - ex PCP pussy!

Laity;s age

How old was he 35????????
    [Ian Bainbridge]

Quote Originally Posted by popsheep View Post
    ha ha excellent.
    dop.
    M.A.D FOR IT!

Quote Originally Posted by popsheep View Post

Lucky it wasnt his mental age!!!

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post

Hi Darren, ditto, and yep, as he says above, weather permitting, Dop is giving me a goin' over in the woods on Wed .
    ... Leaving home now. See you @ M.A.D. in about half an hour . Atb: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.