Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: SIHFT Ford 12th July

The Road Runner is offline Never start a fight but will always finish it.
    Worthing in the fine English county of West Sussex
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve L View Post
    Bit quiet on this one, I hope Buxted's course hasn't scared people off
    Nah, I'm sure the SIFHT lot are made of sturner stuff than that!

In back garden ranges all over the county, people are honing, polishing and perfecting the skills of the dark arts of HFT.

Weighing and measuring each pellet, hammer rails so shiny you can see your face in them, and then the phys, consuming enough burgers to achieve optimum HFT condition, bellies thus primed to become the most stable prone firing position known to man, it's not for the faint hearted.

I must warn you that before Sunday, Dave White is going to be released from his cage to do terrible terrible things with targets, targets so nasty that they have been known to make grown men cry.

Be brave.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by The Road Runner View Post

I must warn you that before Sunday, Dave White is going to be released from his cage to do terrible terrible things with targets, targets so nasty that they have been known to make grown men cry.

Be brave.

Jim
    Then we get the constraints back out and hide the Chianti and fava beans in case he goes in search of human liver again...
    http://www.ford-hft.org.uk
    You come into this world with nothing, go out in debt and you've made a profit

MojoCrow is offline It rubs the lotion on the anarchist ginger tom.....
    Quote Originally Posted by The Road Runner View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Enthusiast View Post
    Then we get the constraints back out and hide the Chianti and fava beans in case he goes in search of human liver again...
    He's already being transported to Ford, as we type. At least he's got a couple of handlers to keep an eye on him.
    Customised AA S400 Carbine
    Ros beef, go home! www.buxtedshootingclub.co.uk SiHFT winners 2008 2009 2010

Buxted County HFT Republic of Crowzilla Sussex
    Buxted going for the 100 clear.

Monkey
    Buxted HFT Garage Guns are Us. Home of Crowzilla Doppers doughnut corner and SiHFT winners 2007 2008 2009 2010 2017 2018 2019.

Alegazmoz is offline Southern Hunter Burger Tester
    Quote Originally Posted by simmmo View Post
    Buxted going for the 100 clear.

Monkey
    Oh dear

arf!

Oh man is this going to be a close run thing. I drop my car off today, the brake pads get replaced (discs are still a problem but at least I'll be road legal) on Saturday and I should get my car back the same day.

Fingers crossed I will be able to make it to Ford.

<Phewww>

Originally Posted by The Road Runner
    Originally Posted by Enthusiast
    Easy boys, this time I will be supervised by an Adult... The course will have to be approved by a couple of officials from other clubs, in the usual way, unless we bribe them again... Just kidding.

I am sure we can work in a few targets similar to last week but within the rules. I am off down the club in a bit to get the targets chosen, checked & painted so we are ready to go in the morning.

Fordies: If we can make a start early on Saturady (yes, I do get up early a few times a year...) then we should be able to get most of the course out by early afternoon so we will have some time to 'toughen it up' a bit.
    Last edited by neumo; 10-07-2009 at 12:20 PM.
    “A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.”

Alegazmoz is offline Southern Hunter Burger Tester
    Quote Originally Posted by MojoCrow View Post
    Oh man looks like i'll be running. I might write my car off one day, the brakes could fail (discs were the problem, never have been road legal) on Saturday and I could get my kidney back the same day.

Then fingers crossed without breaking them, I will be able to make it to Ford.

<Oh Pooh>
    Oy!! ... I tried to increase your commission today and get you above the bread-line ..... "on holiday" he said.
    As it happens, he gave me a fiver off! ..... you've been holding out on us you miserable git.

arf!

Buxted County HFT Republic of Crowzilla Sussex
    Quote Originally Posted by neumo View Post
    Easy boys, this time I will be supervised by an Adult... The course will have to be approved by a couple of officials from other clubs, in the usual way, unless we bribe them again... Just kidding.

No bribes needed David I'm sure it will be perfect whatever.

Monkey
    Buxted HFT Garage Guns are Us. Home of Crowzilla Doppers doughnut corner and SiHFT winners 2007 2008 2009 2010 2017 2018 2019.

Simmo:
    No bribes needed David I'm sure it will be perfect whatever.
    Thats not what they were saying last Sunday...
    Last edited by neumo; 10-07-2009 at 04:03 PM.
    “A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.”

Quote Originally Posted by Alegazmoz View Post
    Oy!! ... I tried to increase your commission today and get you above the bread-line ..... "on holiday" he said.
    As it happens, he gave me a fiver off! ..... you've been holding out on us you miserable git.

arf!
    I'm impressed, I normally expect him to fob people off until I'm back in the shop. Now he has set precedent for the amount of discount, it shall continue.

Now that I have dropped my car off for repair it looks like I'll get it back Monday or if I'm lucky (and by lucky, I mean a good boy), a small chance of getting it back Saturday afternoon/evening. That's the trouble when somebody is doing you a favour, you are at their mercy. On that note, I can't believe there is only one brake disc for a 1997 Honda Logo in this country. Where the hell has the other one gone and why would somebody only want one?

At the moment it's looking like 70/30 that I won't be at Ford due to a technical knockout. You'd think that if another club didn't want a Hobbit turning up at the shoot, they would choose a better shooter and cut their brakes rather than just make them wear out.

As for miserable git; now this is a miserable git and, for me, it's like looking in a mirror.

C'est la vie.

...You're no fun anymore!
    What are the chances of needing brakes fron hailsham to Ford!....

That is what your handbrake is for!
    If you hit each junction at around 70mph...it reduces your chances of hitting anything to 1%.....much like your HFT...

XX
    SIHFT Winners 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - AND 2014....2015..2016...oh look back at green...running out of colours! Ha!

Smile

hello guys,
    anyone can tell the post code to find ford hft?

thanks,

lito

The Road Runner is offline Never start a fight but will always finish it.
    Worthing in the fine English county of West Sussex
    Quote Originally Posted by tolhytz69 View Post
    hello guys,

thanks,

lito
    Hi Lito,

Here you go;

Ford Air Rifle Ranges,
    Burndell Rd,
    Yapton,
    BN18 0HR.

atb

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by blackscale View Post
    ...You're no fun anymore!
    What are the chances of needing brakes fron hailsham to Ford!....

That is what your handbrake is for!
    If you hit each junction at around 70mph...it reduces your chances of hitting anything to 1%.....much like your HFT...

XX
    Well braking is optional and some say the The Stig doesn't what they are; but they do make a squealing noise so they aren't exactly stealthy enough to escape the rozzer's attention (and traffic rozzer's have no sense of humour). My last HFT score was 52 (which makes a change from the long run of 47's) so I might be improving.

Quote Originally Posted by tolhytz69 View Post
    hello guys,

thanks,

lito
    The post code is BN18 0HR and it's in Burndell Road (look out for some folk in hi-viz vests).