Thread: Vintage Diana Model 16 for sale

Vintage Diana Model 16 for sale

All working, all there, usual patina. Made in Germany. £22 Collected or +£5 postage.
    Cheque or Paypal 'gift'
    Nice little fun gun with a bit of character.

Pic:http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q...ale/0023-1.jpg
    Last edited by Prewar; 09-07-2009 at 09:38 PM.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Hi Scott. If you'll do it for £25 all in inc. Recorded Delivery post, I'll take it and gift Paypal you now . Atb: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Sold to that man

Quote Originally Posted by Prewar View Post
    Sold to that man
    Yippeeee ... . Cheers Scott. That is the three tin plate Original Dianas I had to sell when skint a while back (along with over forty others ) now replaced this week via this our BBS collectors corner (and God bless it ). Payment sent . Atvb: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Operating without any decent restraint - Nottm
    Dammit.
    I need a trigger unit for mine.
    1st Battalion Humberside Cavalier Rescue Deserters on the cut

Quote Originally Posted by Neil.;3661329

Dammit.
    I need a trigger unit for mine.
    Just so as to show the over-all tone and maturity expected from the collecting fraternity who frequent this section ... Nahh Nahh Nee Nahh Nahh . Ha ha. Atb: G.

Operating without any decent restraint - Nottm
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    Just so as to show the over-all tone and maturity expected from the collecting fraternity who frequent this section ... Nahh Nahh Nee Nahh Nahh . Ha ha. Atb: G.
    I hope your next s##t is a hedgehog.
    1st Battalion Humberside Cavalier Rescue Deserters on the cut

Quote Originally Posted by Neil. View Post
    I hope your next s##t is a hedgehog.
    ... Nope. Had curry for tea, so probably more like a fire bomb . Hee hee. Atb matey: G.

Hedgehog Jalfrezi

Hedgehog Jalfrezi
    ... Every cosmopolitan tinker's favourite take-away.

Sold to that man
    Hi Scott, Mod.16 arrived today, and what a lovely little piece it is too. A quick rub down with some of Wills gun polish, and it looks the dogs, and will be wall mounted with my Mod.1 and Mod.15 as a tri-set.

One thing though, as it says Diana not Original, and says Made in Germany, am I right to date this as pre WWI ??? Reason I ask is I didn't think the Mod.16 was manufactured until after WWI ??? Once again though, many many thanks for a lovely little collectable, and yet another super-smooth deal . Atb: G.

Hi Scott, Mod.16 arrived today, and what a lovely little piece it is too. A quick rub down with some of Wills gun polish, and it looks the dogs, and will be wall mounted with my Mod.1 and Mod.15 as a tri-set.

One thing though, as it says Diana not Original, and says Made in Germany, am I right to date this as pre WWI ??? Reason I ask is I didn't think the Mod.16 was manufactured until after WWI ??? Once again though, many many thanks for a lovely little collectable, and yet another super-smooth deal . Atb: G.
    Cheers Gareth, you are welcome

Pre-WW2 perhaps but not pre-WW1 Gareth, which is probably what you meant? The DRP model 16 was made in the 1920s (from 1922?) and throughout the '30s. I have a photocopied catalogue pic of one with the date 1933 handwritten on it and it looks just like the one you have.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    Pre-WW2 perhaps but not pre-WW1 Gareth, which is probably what you meant? The DRP model 16 was made in the 1920s (from 1922?) and throughout the '30s. I have a photocopied catalogue pic of one with the date 1933 handwritten on it and it looks just like the one you have.
    Doh !!! I meant WWII, tiz true, but as I've had WWI on my mind (have been studying the Mesopotamia campaign of WWI in which my Grand Dad fought), I forgot to up the anti . 1930s is where I initially pitched it, too, but got all confused . Cheers for the extra clarification my fine oracle. Atb: G.