Thread: Shepreth Results 12/7/9

jinx is offline Southern Hunter Champion.

Shepreth Results 12/7/9

It looked for a start, like it was going to be overcast all day, i'm glad i was wrong about that, the weather stayed pretty good, with enough wind to split the scores a bit. The 'something different' i promised, was that all the 40mm kills were freestyle and the reducers were all kneeling and standing - most of which were unsupported. This made a few people swear - usually in my direction, but nonetheless, everyone seemed enjoy the course. well done to the winners and a big thanks to Ricky & Simon for the help with setting up and to the girls for keeping the great food on the go all day.

Open

Mark Andrews 57 1st
    Clive Presland 56 2nd
    Geoff Ryder 55 3rd
    Ricky D'Arcy 54
    Bruce Marshall 54
    Richard Woods 53
    Steve Berrington 53
    Jon houghton 52
    Ken Phillips 52
    Martin Slane 52
    Matt Rawlings 51
    Martin Henley 51
    Jennie Stone 51
    Jeff Woods 50
    Stuart Deeks 50
    Mick Reed 49
    Ralph Presland 48
    Dave Allam 48
    Mick Salmon 48
    Dave Lilly 48
    Justin Rhone 48
    Andrea Marshall 46
    John Deeks 46
    Mark Jones 44
    Dusty Miller 42
    Alan Sultano 42
    Neil Taylor 40

Recoiling

Jeff Westley 49 1st
    Ben White 42 2nd
    Paul Oldham 3rd
    Beth Oldham 39
    Phil Russell 37

Simon Jones 49 1st
    Anne Russell 40 2nd
    David Hughes 34 3rd

Junior

Luke Woods 50 1st
    Connor Andrews 48 2nd
    Ben Thompsett 48 3rd
    Jack Houghton 47
    Anthony Marshall 37
    Josh Deeks 32

See you all in 2 weeks.
    Last edited by jinx; 13-07-2009 at 09:00 AM.

good day out. very challenging. thanks to the course setters for their hard work.
    cheers
    dop
    M.A.D FOR IT!

Talking Cracking day ta!

Super days shoot thanks! Cracking course... no really.... thoroughly enjoyed all those itsy bitsy teeny weeny kill zones on precariously small targets with nothing but air around them.......*ahem!*
    We discussed a new target idea with Jon regarding the wheel / tyre; if I bring a .25 next time and can get it to self propel across the fields we'll do a sort of Shepreth-Running-Boar competition... with the string still attached it should then Yo-Yo back. Might be a good idea to let go of the string at that point...

Very kind of you to censor dads score by the way
    This is what comes of using a scope that I picked up in auction that had two wobbly lenses and was paralaxed at Saturn. No I didn't buy it... it was attached to something I wanted and had been relegated to the *Eugh!* bin due to the amount of fluff stuck to it but was subsequently *rescued*... enough said!! He's spent the afternoon looking for a better scope to fit.

25 pounder

anne we are an air rifle club you can not bring in a 25 pounder its artilery

colin

I had an enjoyable day despite a dismal score and Paul beating me. Pah! - I have to let 'im win sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by percypepper View Post
    anne we are an air rifle club you can not bring in a 25 pounder its artilery

colin
    Hmmmmmm.
    Even if its been charged with a foot pump???
    (Bob a Job week must be coming up soon, I'm sure a couple of quid and a carefully organised shift- rotation scheme would keep a couple of cub packs busy for a day or so...)

Another great day and a few people suprised they got more reducers than they think they are capable of getting. Tricky courses make the competions seem a little easier i find, i just dont seem to do any better
    HW100 .177 Panorama Theoben Panorama
    HW100 .22 Panorama HW97 Nikon

jinx is offline Southern Hunter Champion.
    Quote Originally Posted by regsie View Post
    Another great day and a few people suprised they got more reducers than they think they are capable of getting. Tricky courses make the competions seem a little easier i find, i just dont seem to do any better

The next one might be all reducers

Me thinks.....

I have decided that if a certain person is going to go in for multiple categories i.e. recoiling, .22 etcetera then I think I might try bringing a .20 calibre and and be in a seperate category - that way I could choose between open, recoiling, .20 calibre and then when I know my score I could decide which category I wanted to be in for that day .

Great course on Sunday and thanks to everyone for their hard work despite me having a particularly off day
    Not everything that's big is good, - and not everything that's good is big

I could bring a .20 recoiling - hw77k...
    Not used it for a while tho.