Thread: Two day treasure trove.

Two day treasure trove.

Gentleman. From a collecting point of view I have just had two of the most successful days I can remember and I am feeling like a dog with two tails.
    At our antique arms auction on Sunday I first picked up a nice MKI Airsporter. Nice stock. Fair condition and has plastic grip plug. I was after a .177 as it was described in the catalogue but I still decided to go for it once I found out it was .22.
    Later in the afternoon at the same auction I got my main target. A. Model 80 Falke in .177. Complete with the elusive rear sight it was in used but good working order. However some clown had decided to paint the stock brown. Yes brown paint. Needles to say that will be coming off.
    Monday morning and back at work and still on a high from a very successful day. One of my customers brings a gun case into the shop and asks if I would be interested in buying the contents. We move to the office and out come a couple of air rifles I don’t recognize. The first is a small .177 break barrel that is marked “GECADO MOD 22”
    The second is a chunky break barrel .177 with few markings other then” LG 427”.
    Both have a fair bit of surface rust but lock up tight and appear functional. I’d appreciate any information the forum has about these two. See picture.
    The third was a ROSSI .22 rim fire pump action gallery gun. (Copy of a Winchester). Again more surface rust but no obvious faults.
    I took the lot. Had to show him my firearms license as is the law.
    Now to twist the knife.
    The Airsporter cost me NZ$170.00 (60 quid)
    The Falke Mod 80. The same as the BSA. Just NZ$170. (60 quid).
    The two break barrels and the pump action as a lot NZ$100.(33 quid)
    So that’s NZ$440 for all 5. (147 quid).
    Guess I was just lucky to be in the right places at the right times. Now I must buy a lotto ticket.

http://s168.photobucket.com/albums/u...ewfinds003.jpg

Hi Barry,

You are one lucky fella.......all those for the price of an Airsporter...

For Gedaco read Diana.
    For 427 read Relum.

Once you have sorted the Falke please supply us with pics...& dont be suprised to get a pm off Danny (Garvin).....

PS it should go nicely with your other Falke...

Outstanding purchases Barry! Those Monday morning buys are just icing on the cake.

More pics of your new Falke 80 are now up at the Falke forum (way ahead of you Chris).
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Bum....I knew you were fast..but..

well done baz- i'll bet you're feeling on top of the world

i know i do if i drop on one nice oldie but all those-straight past cloud nine and on to cloud ten

john
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

top luck mate enjoy.

Thank you for your kind words gentleman. Still not sure what project rifle to start on first. They all need work to some degree. Curious to see what is under the paint on the Falke.
    Barry

edbear2 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by barryeye View Post
    Curious to see what is under the paint on the Falke.
    Barry

I think they used wood for the "handles" matey.......seriously though, as others have said, you are so lucky, not only to live in that beautiful country, but to keep finding these great guns from the past.

Quote Originally Posted by edbear2 View Post
    I think they used wood for the "handles" matey.......seriously though, as others have said, you are so lucky, not only to live in that beautiful country, but to keep finding these great guns from the past.
    Thank you. I know that the Falke and BSA are "great" but the other two air rifles are still a mystery to me .HWVixen tells me they are a Diana and Relum??
    That is all I know and I'm not sure what that means anyway.
    So much to learn.