Thread: Seeking Hen's Teeth

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm

Seeking Hen's Teeth

Hi guys, I'm after a couple of items that I suspect are made from unobtainium, namely, original, plastic foresights for the Webley Hawk (3 of), and Webley Osprey. Every one I've ever seen has been cracked.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by harry mac View Post

Hi guys, I'm after a couple of items that I suspect are made from unobtainium, namely, original, plastic foresights for the Webley Hawk (3 of), and Webley Osprey. Every one I've ever seen has been cracked.
    Hi harry mac, congratulations on your first post on the BBS (have just approved it for you), welcome, and good luck with your quest as if anyone can help, it'll be the regulars of this 'ere collectors corner (best bit of the BBS imo ). Atb: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

There are some original rearsight units on 'that auction site' at the moment maybe the seller has front sights too, try emailing them? Welcome to the BBS

Cheers

Thanks for the welcome Gareth.

Hi Harry,& welcome to the BBS.This is as good a place to find your wanted's....but I thought the Osprey foresight's were metal & not plastic..?

They are metal its the rearsight thats plastic, allways broken on any old Webley from that period that i have seen. wellcome to bbs and good luck.
    Last edited by fat man; 13-07-2009 at 11:02 AM. Reason: trying to type with my one good hand !

Webley sights

Quote Originally Posted by hwvixen View Post
    Hi Harry,& welcome to the BBS.This is as good a place to find your wanted's....but I thought the Osprey foresight's were metal & not plastic..?
    When they were first produced the foresights were plastic. It was only later that they switched to metal, probably after they kept getting requests for replacement sights.
    The Osprey sight was the same general shape as the Hawk ones, but the ramp was relieved a bit on the bottom to allow for the thicker barrel.