Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Airguns on film

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm

Airguns on film

I can think of 3 straight away. BSA pre war underlever on "Just William" (1970s), BSA Meteor in Kes (1970s) and Webley Hawk MkI in Trainspotting (1990s), when they shoot the bull terrier in the park.
    Any more any body?

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    What is the break-barrel that the upper middle class twat drug dealers use to shoot at the real gangsters with in Lock Stock & Two Smoking Barrels ??? Nope, I can't remember either ... But that's another one, anyway . Atb: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by harry mac View Post
    Hawk MkI in Trainspotting (1990s), when they shoot the bull terrier in the park.
    ... In the park ??? I thought they shot it in the goolies ...

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Sean Connery posed for a Bond film holding a predom Lucnik airpistol? (spelt that wrong I think!).

Kes was a British Diana 25 not a BSA Meteor.

Abas Major pistol in the film IF, Webley Premier in the Good Life, BSA Scorpion pistols in James Bond film (Goldfinger I think - used by female stormtroopers )

Last edited by Garvin; 13-07-2009 at 10:29 AM.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

The pistol that Malcolm McDowell uses in 'IF' is an Acvoke, not an ABAS. the pistol that Sean Connery posed with was a Wather LP53 not a Predom Lucznik. It sold for a high price in some movie memorabilia auction a few years back if I remember rightly.

In Goldfinger, when James Bond is shot with a tranquiliser dart just after he has persuaded Goldfinger not to laser him in two, the gun they use is a Webley overlever (a Senior or Premier), possibly with a sleeve of some sort over the barrel or a larger barrel fitted.

In Octopussy, Octopussy's girls are armed with BSA Scorpion pistols as they storm the baddy's house, Octopussy herself also uses one earlier in the film.

Some Jackie Chan film (don't know which) features a Steyr FT air rifle masquerading as a sniper rifle as well.

Various rifles and pistols feature in that Shane Meadows skinhead film, "This Is England".

In 'Alien', one of the grapppling hook guns attached to the space suits when they are exploring the derelict ship is a dressed up Webley, a Junior, I think...
    Last edited by Rob M; 13-07-2009 at 11:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    What is the break-barrel that the upper middle class twat drug dealers use to shoot at the real gangsters with in Lock Stock & Two Smoking Barrels ??? Nope, I can't remember either ... But that's another one, anyway . Atb: G.

Looked like some cheap chinese thing to me...

edbear2 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    Not sure......but these made me giggle;

"Will you lot stop getting f...in shot"

"What the f....s that........Its me Bren gun"

Sorry not airgun related, but a hilarious section of the film!
    Last edited by edbear2; 13-07-2009 at 05:44 PM. Reason: spelling (yet again!)

I remember Albert Finney used one to shoot a fat woman in the buttocks, in the film Saturday night Sunday morning. It was a small break barrel rifle, does anyone know make and model, always wondered.....

Quote Originally Posted by steeleye View Post
    I remember Albert Finney used one to shoot a fat woman in the buttocks, in the film Saturday night Sunday morning. It was a small break barrel rifle, does anyone know make and model, always wondered.....
    Diana Mod 15

[QUOTE=Rob M;3667608]The pistol that Malcolm McDowell uses in 'IF' is an Acvoke, not an ABAS.

Rob

Correct Old age and senility ! There was one for sale recently on this site !!

Correctamundo...& sold by lil old me.....

You are some sad old b@£$t^£%S...

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm

Kes

Quote Originally Posted by BSFNUT View Post
    Kes was a British Diana 25 not a BSA Meteor.

Abas Major pistol in the film IF, Webley Premier in the Good Life, BSA Scorpion pistols in James Bond film (Goldfinger I think - used by female stormtroopers )
    Thanks, that gives me an excuse to watch it again. "Get dahn off them goalposts Casper!"

edbear2 Guest
    There was also a fairly recent film about a youg lad who hooks up with some skinheads, they all go to a disused building and wreck it, and are shooting at each other.......reminded me of my childhood (NOT the skinhead bit before anyone posts)

"this is england".....set around the early 80's I think...A pretty grim film.......
    Last edited by edbear2; 13-07-2009 at 12:35 PM.