Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Airguns on film

The Nature of the Beast

There is a British film from the late eighties called The Naure Of The Beast about two northern lads hunting an escaped big cat on the moors. The cat is a metaphor for unemployment. Air-rifles feature prminently in the film and one character offers to swap one for a camera. He says "It's a BSA" but I cannot remember which model. I recommend the film but with the warning that it is very bleak.

Quote Originally Posted by harry mac View Post
    Thanks, that gives me an excuse to watch it again. "Get dahn off them goalposts Casper!"

Who are you sir .... Bobby Charlton ....Dennis Law is in the wash this week

And it's the slightly balding Charlton (who takes the penalty kick)

Quality film you can watch over and over

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    What is the break-barrel that the upper middle class twat drug dealers use to shoot at the real gangsters with in Lock Stock & Two Smoking Barrels ??? Nope, I can't remember either ... But that's another one, anyway . Atb: G.
    Its a, wait for it

B2

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by BRET22 View Post
    Its a, wait for it

B2
    Arrrrgh !!! Thought it was an old Relum Sport (but couldn't be sure). Blimey, I know Guy Richie produced Lock Stock on a budget, but a B2 ??? That is takin' economics to an unrealistic extreme. S'pose they had to save a few quid somewhere though as them there Purdy's were the real deal . Good thread this, lets keep it going . Atb: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

watched an old episode of the good life the other day, richard briers used a webley pistol, senior i think, to shoot a guy stealing leeks from his garden, anyone remember it ?
    hw 80custom, , hw 35 luxus, hw35 std,

Blakes 7 the baddies used Sussex Armouries AR7's with Single Point sites on
    BE-HAPPY-OK

air pistol in star wars

in one of the old star wars films they use a gun toy RO72 with the front sight put under the barrel

edbear2 Guest
    Just remembered.......Malcolm McDowell in that film "if"......set in a public school with the big shoot out at the end......I am sure he is shooting something in it, but cant remember the scene (showing my age again)

Quote Originally Posted by edbear2 View Post
    Just remembered.......Malcolm McDowell in that film "if"......set in a public school with the big shoot out at the end......I am sure he is shooting something in it, but cant remember the scene (showing my age again)
    Repeat after me Eddie "I must read the thread first, I must read the thread first....."

Quote Originally Posted by Rob M View Post
    The pistol that Malcolm McDowell uses in 'IF' is an Acvoke, not an ABAS.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm

The other gun film

Quote Originally Posted by BSFNUT View Post
    Quality film you can watch over and over
    Yes, it's one of those films I never get tired of. The other one is Zulu, but that's for my other fascination, Martini Henrys.

started watching some crappy film on scifi and the bady shouted for his sniper rifle and was handed an black thumb hole stock springer think it might of been a gamo lol
    Cheers Lloyd

National Lampoon's vacation (Or something like that) With Chevy Chase...

The one where they go to "Wallyworld" to find it's out of season. Mr Chase goes into a sports store and buys what looks like a G10 BB pistol and gets the security guard to open the park just for the family.

I think he shoots the guard in the leg with it.

An episode of the 6 Million Dollar man featured a prewar Webley Junior masquerading as a tranquiliser gun!

Carry on at Your convenience:- Sid and the gang shoot the airgun stand at the funfair to pieces whilst under the influence

Boys from the Black Stuff:- Yossers story-when Yosser Hughes is arrested and his children taken away by Social workers, the young lad next door leans out of his bedroom window and proceeds to pepper the authorities.
    I remember the scene-he gets arrested and as he is taken into custody, he protest's: "...but I'm an eeeeero!!"
    Never go off half cocked....

All lies matter

Home Alone....A Daisy BB gun....it's a shame to note how much airgun misuse is represented in these films/tv programs