Thread: Tex 86 info

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice

Tex 86 info

Can anyone tell me about these regarding power and build quality? Are they similar power to Webley pistols or a low like the panther RO71/72. Is the build quality ok or crap like the RO71/72? I apologise to anyone who has got a RO71/72. Thanks

Tex 086

There is a reference to this in Dennis Hiller's book. He says it is a very well made pistol, and quotes an instruction sheet muzzle velocity of 312 fps. This is more than a Webley Junior (290 fps) but less than a Premier (350 fps) if you are familiar with these guns.

Ian
    Life is to be enjoyed, not endured.

Quote Originally Posted by ggggr View Post
    Can anyone tell me about these regarding power and build quality? Are they similar power to Webley pistols or a low like the panther RO71/72. Is the build quality ok or crap like the RO71/72? I apologise to anyone who has got a RO71/72. Thanks
    They are made by CZ/Slavia and the build quality is high ...... as good as a Diana.

I've stripped and rebuilt a ZVP, which I think is pretty much identical internally. They are very simple and straightforward to work on.

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice

Tex 86

I bought it. It is fairly well made. None of the screws were hard to remove although I did break a punch trying to remove the foresight blade pin (more later). I tried a few shots and decided to strip it. I discovered that the knurled bit at the back of the cylinder is actually a screwdriver for adjusting the trigger (nice touch). Its like the gat loading thingy but with a blade. Gun stripped and lubed. Piston washer is a parachute washer that just appears to be a tight push fit over a pin on the piston. Another nice touch is there is a ring round the piston head which was filled with grease so I would assume thats its purpose. It has a nice simple trigger (I wish the Bsa Scorpion had a similar set up). The sights are a bit of a problem. There are screws on either side of the rearsight which I assume you are meant to slacken one and tighten the other to adjust? I found it easier to remove them and tap the sight and then replace them. The foresight pivots like the modern typhoon. The problem I had was the gun was shooting high and I wanted to raise the blade. It needed a longer spring or a new blade making up. After breaking the punch I just place a bit of shim under the blade and it will do for now. Its a fairly nice pistol in good nick although the box is a bit tatty. Power is about what has been said on previous posts. Any valuation on this?
    Last edited by ggggr; 19-07-2009 at 07:29 PM. Reason: mistake

They're not a rare or expensive air pistol.

I bought a boxed minter off egun.de for the equivalent of £65.

I guess one in good used condition would be worth @ £50.