Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TH-W HFT sun 26th July 09 open shoot

TH-W HFT sun 26th July 09 open shoot

Make sure all are avalible for our internal open shoot at TH-W HFT Club on this SUNDAY 26th July 09
    So lets see all our members,non members,guests on our open shoot day
    All welcome,food & drinks for everyone on the day

SUNDAY 26th July 09
    AA EV2 .177 MTC 10x44
    HW100T Ginb .177 MTC 10x44
    www.rochfordac.co.uk

Looking forward to this...

Looking forward to this one as the courses seem to be getting a bit tricky lately. Should be interesting as we draw closer to trophy time!

Mrs Tony

26th July shoot

As I'm not getting anywhere with my .177 HW100, I defected to a .22 Rapid Mk2 at the last shoot. Despite most of the air having disappeared from the buddy bottle by target 27, I shot a marginally better score than normal. The Rapid has just been collected from AGC after repair and now sports a bipod. Have you seen the price of JSB in .22? OK, I couldn't resist buying that .22 Brocock Atomic pistol whilst I was in there. See you all next shoot. John Munns now has my full-length .177 HW100 so watch out.

D.
    Essex Air Ambulance saved my life on 20/08/2010 www.essexairambulance.uk.com

anychance of making the kill zones bigger say 100mm and putting them nearer? some hope.....

Tricky

Quote Originally Posted by tony1968 View Post
    Looking forward to this one as the courses seem to be getting a bit tricky lately. Should be interesting as we draw closer to trophy time!

Mrs Tony
    Mrs. T...... Trickier the BETTER, make it too easy and it might get a little boring...... looking forward to sunday, hope the weather holds out

Tony W
    AA EV2 - 10x44 MTC. HW100 Ginb-10x44 MTC,
    AA TX200SR-10x44 MTC

Tricky course!

Quote Originally Posted by ATHW View Post
    Mrs. T...... Trickier the BETTER, make it too easy and it might get a little boring...... looking forward to sunday, hope the weather holds out

Tony W
    I like the tricky courses, it makes for an interesting shoot!

Mrs Tony

At this rate we will need 2 ranges, a tricky one and one I can hit things on

Me and mini me will be there.

Steve

Targets, etc.

Now I've switched to .22, I find I'm hitting the close reducers better and I'm starting to figure out the longer range ones. What has always foxed me in the past when using .177 is why I've missed targets with full-size kills sitting there in plain view at about 15 metres!

I can understand it when I'm resting on a tree and the rifle has pivoted at the wrong moment or my supporting hand has suddenly slipped. Also, when the wretched bluebells have head-butted my pellets. However, it's most perplexing to plate a close target when the sight picture is still rock-solid after the shot.

Discounting the possibility of heavy-breathing malevolent wood elves, I think parallax error is coming into play. Towards the end of a recent shoot, I went round the early part of the course with an open-sighted .22 Webley Viscount and dropped a number of targets at the distance in question. Beats me....

D.
    Essex Air Ambulance saved my life on 20/08/2010 www.essexairambulance.uk.com

A Mystery!

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
    Now I've switched to .22, I find I'm hitting the close reducers better and I'm starting to figure out the longer range ones. What has always foxed me in the past when using .177 is why I've missed targets with full-size kills sitting there in plain view at about 15 metres!

I can understand it when I'm resting on a tree and the rifle has pivoted at the wrong moment or my supporting hand has suddenly slipped. Also, when the wretched bluebells have head-butted my pellets. However, it's most perplexing to plate a close target when the sight picture is still rock-solid after the shot.

Discounting the possibility of heavy-breathing malevolent wood elves, I think parallax error is coming into play. Towards the end of a recent shoot, I went round the early part of the course with an open-sighted .22 Webley Viscount and dropped a number of targets at the distance in question. Beats me....

D.
    Its all a mystery, thats what makes us go back every other week for another go!

Mrs Tony

Mrs Tony
    OOOH yes!!

Thats true with me.
    Dan grades do it best !!!

Mrs Tony
    Thats how religeons start!! Nothing that science or common sense can work out, I assure you!

what's the weather gonna be like?

Quote Originally Posted by Indiana cajones View Post
    Thats how religeons start!! Nothing that science or common sense can work out, I assure you!

Looks like it going to be sunny, at the moment!

Mrs Tony

Quote Originally Posted by Indiana cajones View Post

Don't start applying common sense, it's on ration!!

As for the weather:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/foreca...stcliff-on-Sea

Steve

iPod touch for only £29. And guess what. I can access the bbs via it. Sweet!!!
    Dan grades do it best !!!

Is the ipod .177 or .22?

Steve