Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Better than contemporary offerings?

Find the best classic sporting rifle. Different classes for different rifles.

Open sight shoot, max range 20m plus a couple out further for show offs.
    Out of the box rifles, any scope max scope mag 10. Max hunting range 35.
    Home Tuned rifles max scope mag 14. Max range 40.
    Unlimited class, nitro tuned with satellite guidance. Max range 50.
    All rifles must be out of production, or a well dated design. Anything too new either out of the box or unlimited class only. No PCP's. Hunting sized kill zone targets and spotting is allowed.

One stage a bench rest ten to count with up to 5 sighters on small bore 10 bull targets at 25m scoring inwards (open sights 20m). Rests allowed.
    One field stage with ranges given and one without; standing shots out to 20m, kneeling/sitting out to 30 and freestyle further. Open sight all standing except the bench rest.

Cards can be shot by the owner but also if you can find someone who can shoot a stage better with your rifle then let them have a go. Their scores can count if better than yours. You can shoot any stage more than once but not with the same rifle. Card for a stage costs £1; no more than three stages (revenue spit between club, prizes and a shooting charity).

Highest scores from each stage are taken for each rifle model. So if there are five FWB Sports then they have five chances to get a high score plus also anyone else who gives it a go. However, a great shot with a BSF54 might clear the board straight off.

Prizes go to the top rifles and their owners/helpers; a big jar of sweets/crate of pop so that they can be shared out.

Finally, three top PCP club shots to shoot the stages just to see what is the par for the course.

Sorry, I don't belong to a club, can't organize it and I would be lucky to even get the chance to join in.

I bet those Rivi boys have allready got something like this sorted....

Quote Originally Posted by hwvixen View Post
    I bet those Rivi boys have allready got something like this sorted....
    At the charity shoot (Sun 9th Aug) we are just setting up a 15 target knock down course. Its basically an informal 'shoot what you brought' and if you didn't bring anything with character there will be several rifles to try out. Its all in aid of raising money for charity while talking and shooting the older springer. With charity in mind membership to the 'BSF65 Owners Club' will be at a very reduced rate.

Now, our 'Classic Indoor' event of Sun 1st of November which was so popular last year with its Bring & Buy section is another matter. I think a little more emphasis will be put on competition this time.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    At the charity shoot (Sun 9th Aug) we are just setting up a 15 target knock down course. Its basically an informal 'shoot what you brought' and if you didn't bring anything with character there will be several rifles to try out. Its all in aid of raising money for charity while talking and shooting the older springer. With charity in mind membership to the 'BSF65 Owners Club' will be at a very reduced rate.

Now, our 'Classic Indoor' event of Sun 1st of November which was so popular last year with its Bring & Buy section is another matter. I think a little more emphasis will be put on competition this time.

ATB
    Ian
    Attended both these events last year and had loads of fun / also got to shoot I. J.s BEEMAN SPORT
    will be there again this time will be bringing some things with CHARACTER
    one of them being KENNY

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    I wish I could say the same.

To 'modern' for this debate but I will comment anyway. Over rated. Heavy, design faults (retaing bolt can come loose) and a square cocking lever.

You and Christine know which buttons to press.

What are you drinking? The .20 is still there.

Whip me - beat me with a pound of seamless tripe and a flat cap.

One thing I did forget in my personal assessment is that every one of the classics mentioned has more character in just their trigger guards than most modern pcps.

ATB
    Ian
    Your comments above about the wonderful Prosport were also levelled at Judith Chalmers, but look how the nation loved her.