Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hw70

Hw70

Took delivery of a Gamo Compact and an HW70 today...just been in the garage having a practice and I'm surprised to say that of all the pistols I've tried I seem to be most accurate with the springer HW70......
    Most of my pistols I have to shoot two handed to get any kind of grouping but for some reason the 70 with its plastic grips sits comfortably and steadily in one hand and I'm getting some decent groups at the 5 yards I shoot in the garage...
    I thoroughly recommend this pistol and for the price they're fetching it's great value....
    The Compact is nice too but didn't get much of a look-in as I couldn't put the 70 down.....
    Eric.

Pleased you like it often wondered how good they are myself. Was considering buying one.
    John
    I Wear my Badge I have my Voice Proud to be a BASC Member

I couldn't agree more and what a fantastic finish on these pistols, however I am a bit more accurate with my Gamo Compact although the trigger has been very well sorted.

Mike

John...buy one!!!!...you won't regret it...great value for money as far as I'm concerned...you can pick up a decent one for £60 to £70 and as Mike says the finish and also the quality of engineering is superb!!!
    I'm a total pistol tart but this one's a keeper!!!!!....
    Eric.

The new HW70 Black Arrow sure looks sweet!

http://www.weihrauch-sport.de/englis...te/e_index.htm

Cheers,
    Todd
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very nice!!...
    Eric.

Quote: "I am a bit more accurate with my Gamo Compact although the trigger has been very well sorted."

I find my HW45 easier to shoot than my Gamo which is very annoying as it shouldn't be so. Mike what have you done to the trigger on the Compact to call it "well sorted". I have added moly where before there was no lubrication and have also replaced the first stage adjuster (with something that actually reaches the sear assembly) However the second stage is still a little gritty. Toying with the idea of making the second stage adjustable by making the spring retaining post moveable.

Must have a look at one of these 70s though.

ATB to all Chris.

Unfortunately I don't know what was done, I bought it ready fettled and It is as sweet as a nut.

Mike

Finally put my HW70 over the chrono tonight...no wonder it's smooth at 5 yards....1 ft/lb!!!!.......think my favourite fettler has got some work coming his way...
    Mind you, for 6 yard target it's perfect as it is...
    Eric.

Thumbs up Hw75

I bought a HW75 from a second hand shop recently and it is consistently accurate. It is not as powerful as my Feinwerkbau 100 but it shows power does not mean everything in an accurate pistol. The HW75 has retained it's quality finish.
    Feinwerkbau 100, HW75, Beretta 92FS, Gamo R-77 Laser, PPK/S.

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    I'm very glad to hear that about the HW 70 as I'm considering getting one.

Am interested in hearing how well they hold up over long periods of time and heavy shooting - Tony, you've had yours for awhile, haven't you? - since I'm also thinking that, long-term, I want to own a few, tough pistols rather than a boxful of ones that need repair!

Am debating between the HW 70 springer, and the Daisy 747 SSP...

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Hw70

The 70 is a fine pistol. I bought one two years ago and I just love it to bits. Jim if your considering one I'd go for an older one with the brown grips and no safety. Its a classic and very tough little pistol.

Thanks, Coburn, I'll keep that in mind.

Jim
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Quote Originally Posted by coburn View Post
    The 70 is a fine pistol. I bought one two years ago and I just love it to bits. Jim if your considering one I'd go for an older one with the brown grips and no safety. Its a classic and very tough little pistol.
    Yeah,
    My 70 is the older one with brown grips and no safety.
    Grouping is very tight considdering its a fair weight in one hand!
    I purchased it from Duncan's Gunmakers of Hull. I was desperate for a springer for the UBC comps! Duncans claimed it had just come back from Hull Cartridge after having a service.
    I had mine chronoed a few weeks after I got it, it was running at 1.5 ft/lbs. But having said that (from what I have read about them) it was a very SERIOUS high level 10M competition winner back in its day
    The action is silky smooth and the trigger is good as well.
    I was saying to Cookie earlier that I was thinking of letting it go and wondered how much they were going for these days.
    After reading above, I think I shall be keeping it (I dont think I could bring myself to be without it).

Tony
    UBC Secretary & Web-Manager
    THL Marksman of the Year 2010
    (Airgun Section)

I know you love that pistol, Tony. It's probably your favorite?

Jim