Thread: Value please "Diana Series 70 Model 71"

Value please "Diana Series 70 Model 71"

Diana/Milbro Series 70 Model 71, .22 calibre.
    Could anybody give me an idea as to the value of this rifle taking into account a repair is required? The numbers 12-73 are stamped underneath - presumably the year of manufacturer. The metalwork is in a really good condition, the action is tight, it fires perfectly, everything is in place. The stock, unfortunately, needs a repair where the two front holding screws have split it away. Apart from that, it is a beautiful stock.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Sold a truly mint boxed example with all the original gubbins it came with for £140 plus post, so working back from that, reckon with the stock n the condition yours is in, that you may only be looking at £45 tops (plus post), as a new Mod.71 stock will be impossible to find, and imo, one will have to be made ...

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Oh, blimey, I thought I had got all the models I wanted. I forgot about the old Diana 70 Series 71.

Hmm. I wonder how much it is worth? £45 seems a bit too little. I quite like it. Hmm. A little woodwork repair. Hmm. Best Diana Milbro ever made. Hmm. Better wait till the morning and the Newcastle Brown has worn off.

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    Hmm. I wonder how much it is worth? £45 seems a bit too little. I quite like it. Hmm. A little woodwork repair. Hmm. Best Diana Milbro ever made. Hmm. Better wait till the morning and the Newcastle Brown has worn off.
    Hi Alistair, and until a FOR SALE thread is generated http://www.airgunbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=372921 ... Yep, best Milbro ever made, but without the stock, barrel shroud, and improved trigger, it is only a G80 after all and it is the aforementioned stock which when in vgc gives it its sex appeal ... Hmmm. Maybe I've had a few to many, too ... Ha ha. Atb m8: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    Hi Alistair, and until a FOR SALE thread is generated http://www.airgunbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=372921 ... Yep, best Milbro ever made, but without the stock, barrel shroud, and improved trigger, it is only a G80 after all and it is the aforementioned stock which when in vgc gives it its sex appeal ... Hmmm. Maybe I've had a few to many, too ... Ha ha. Atb m8: G.
    I think it is the trigger that gives it it's sex appeal; after all, that's the only difference between a Weihrauch 35 and a BSA Mercury-S innit?

Forty-five quid as a scrapper value means it should be held on to by its owner and repaired until it has a proper value as befits a fine Scottish German British Air-Rifle; £75 or £80 for example. You can't buy anything of similar quality 'NOWADAYS' for less than £150 I am sure.

True, true and true again . I'm off for a top-uo. Goodnight all . Atb: G.

Around £20.00 - £40.00

Hey up Old Bull,

I sold one that was a project for £20.00 not so long back face to face. I had it for sale in the collectables section for £45.00 including p&p and had no offers at all. That was a complete rifle although it was in a bit of a rough state it did fire and was reasonably powerful. The Model 71 is relatively rare and wasn't advertised in the UK for some reason. In one of the airgun books the author said he'd only ever seen one in his life. You may be able to pick a stock up off the auction site there was one on there a few months ago.

Regards
    Dave (www.kwacs.org.uk) "Wildfowlers do it in the mud"

Quote Originally Posted by Greylag View Post
    Hey up Old Bull,

I sold one that was a project for £20.00 not so long back face to face. I had it for sale in the collectables section for £45.00 including p&p and had no offers at all. That was a complete rifle although it was in a bit of a rough state it did fire and was reasonably powerful. The Model 71 is relatively rare and wasn't advertised in the UK for some reason. In one of the airgun books the author said he'd only ever seen one in his life. You may be able to pick a stock up off the auction site there was one on there a few months ago.

Regards
    Hi Dave and Old Bull,

I've still got it as well. Managed to strip it down but that's as far as I got what with everything else I've got on. Anyway if and when this does become a sales thread then I have the above rifle if anyone wanted to buy it. The stock has been stripped but is in good condition apart from that, no cracks, breaks, gouges etc. No bluing on metal, rear sight homemade but correct front sight. Make one nice rifle out of two.

Cheers, Dfor.