Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Titan Air Rifles?

Titan Air Rifles?

I recently bought a Titan MPT and was hoping to find out a bit more about it. It's a nice little rifle, really well made. I can't find much on the web and wondered if anyone had any information. Also if anyone has any old airgun magazine articles about Titans I would be interested.

sniper22 Guest
    titan were a company in the 80's and 90's headed by john bowkett and based at east midlands freeport. the company later became falcon and was taken over by nsp engineering - the parent company of air arms.
    the range was a simple one from a 6" pistol to a 19" ft rifle using parts commonality throughout the range.
    the falcon fn range took over from the titan mpt,mc010 etc.
    the guns were accurate and affordable.

ive got a 19" titan somewhere on loan, ill get it back soon and reaquaint myself.

Titan info

Hello all,
    Just came across this thread and thought I might be able to shed a little light on the Titan line of airguns.

The Titan Manitou was named after the mythical North American Indian Spirit which appeared in a multitude of different guises depending on the mood of the individual.
    Mr. Bowkett started with the core of his design housing his self regulating valve and trigger unit, from here different sized air reservoirs, barrels and stock styles were configured to form the entire Manitou line of rifles and pistols.
    There were eight rifles offered in the Manitou line along with three pistol models.

Your MPT was introduced in 1992 and according to John Bowkett: the rifle is from the Titan Manitou range and the initials refer to M for Manitou, P as in Pistol, with the grip/set back action and trigger, and the T is for Thumbhole stock.

Rifles:
    MC010 Carbine and long action standard Beech stock
    MC020 Carbine Deluxe Walnut stock fitted with 55cm air reservoir
    MC020K Carbine Deluxe Walnut stock fitted with optional 30cm air reservoir
    MS020 Sporter Walnut stock with more upright pistol grip
    MT010 Target Walnut stock with vertical pistol grip
    MT010T Target Walnut thumbhole stock wiith vertical pistol grip
    MT020 Target fully adjustable Walnut target stock with match trigger
    all target models were carefully regulated at the factory for
    maximum consistency
    MPT Semi ball-pup design with action set back into Walnut thumbhole stock

Pistols:
    MP010 Hardwood grip
    MP020 Deluxe stippled Walnut grip
    MP030 Silhouette 25cm barrel with 20cm reservoir , brass match
    trigger unit and brass barrel bands were standard while optional on the
    other models

Mohawk single stroke:
    MHS01 Standard sporter Beech stock plain forend
    MHS02 Deluxe slimline Walnut stock chequered forend
    MHS03 Sporter Walnut stock with upright pistol grip and chequered forend
    MHS04 Target Walnut thumbhole target stock with chequered forend

This information was taken from an original Titan full line catalog dated 1992 near the end of Titan's rein.

I still have quite a few of my reproduction Titan stickers available free to Titan owners who have lost theirs, email me for info on how to get the stickers.

Cheers,
    Tom in the USA
    Last edited by TStray; 23-07-2009 at 04:38 PM.

Thanks for the great replies I will post a pic of this MPT...it is a nice one. I found a small article in an old AGW about the formation of the company, but would be interested in reading some reviews. Anyone else think these Titans are any good?

There's me thinking you were a "Springer man"....you are OFF my Xmas list...you..you....heathen....

Quote Originally Posted by hwvixen View Post
    There's me thinking you were a "Springer man"....you are OFF my Xmas list...you..you....heathen....
    It has a spring in it...a little tiny one

I live just off the M27 outside Southampton.

Titan air rifles

Beware the Titan JB1. As in a previous string, Mr Bowket experimented with single-stroke pneumatic air rifles and produced the JB1. There is a link recently from Wonky Donky that could tell you a lot. Cheers Pete

I recently picked up a very nice (looks mint) Beeman "Adder" at the Conneticut Airgun Show (in the USA) about a month ago. These were made by Titan at the time, and appeared in the 17th issue of the Beeman Catalogue.

No Beeman markings appear on these pistols,.....a curious departure for the Beeman line ,...... for they placed their name on just about everything they sold!

According to the info available,.....just 10 "Adder" pistols were produced before Titan folded. Of those 10,.....i believe only 2 were produced in .20 caliber,......of which mine is one.

The seller of the pistol to me was the original buyer back in 1993 from Beeman,....and i have his bill of sale included in my paperwork. He is also a well know and respected airgunsmith in the USA (Jan Kraner),....and was kind enough to re-seal the pistol prior to me taking delivery of it.

I enjoy shooting it so much that i am looking for a Falcon FN8-WG to use instead on a regular basis. That model is very similiar to the Adder,.....and i won't be putting wear and tear on what must be considered a pretty rare bird.

BTW,....it came with a mint Beeman Blue Label scope and rings,.......which i have also put aside. The same era pistol and scope just makes the combo so much more interesting, in my mind.

I'll get some pics up soon......

Cheers,
    Joseph Tousignant

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Hi Joseph, this thread is actually eleven months and one week old now, but it will still be good to see the pics you mention, as Titan are still of great interest. Oh, and by the way, welcome (if not said already), to collectors corner (the best bit of the BBS by a country mile ). Atb: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Quote Originally Posted by TStray View Post
    Hello all,
    Just came across this thread and thought I might be able to shed a little light on the Titan line of airguns.

The Titan Manitou was named after the mythical North American Indian Spirit which appeared in a multitude of different guises depending on the mood of the individual.
    Mr. Bowkett started with the core of his design housing his self regulating valve and trigger unit, from here different sized air reservoirs, barrels and stock styles were configured to form the entire Manitou line of rifles and pistols.
    There were eight rifles offered in the Manitou line along with three pistol models.

Your MPT was introduced in 1992 and according to John Bowkett: the rifle is from the Titan Manitou range and the initials refer to M for Manitou, P as in Pistol, with the grip/set back action and trigger, and the T is for Thumbhole stock.

Rifles:
    MC010 Carbine and long action standard Beech stock
    MC020 Carbine Deluxe Walnut stock fitted with 55cm air reservoir
    MC020K Carbine Deluxe Walnut stock fitted with optional 30cm air reservoir
    MS020 Sporter Walnut stock with more upright pistol grip
    MT010 Target Walnut stock with vertical pistol grip
    MT010T Target Walnut thumbhole stock wiith vertical pistol grip
    MT020 Target fully adjustable Walnut target stock with match trigger
    all target models were carefully regulated at the factory for
    maximum consistency
    MPT Semi ball-pup design with action set back into Walnut thumbhole stock

Pistols:
    MP010 Hardwood grip
    MP020 Deluxe stippled Walnut grip
    MP030 Silhouette 25cm barrel with 20cm reservoir , brass match
    trigger unit and brass barrel bands were standard while optional on the
    other models

Mohawk single stroke:
    MHS01 Standard sporter Beech stock plain forend
    MHS02 Deluxe slimline Walnut stock chequered forend
    MHS03 Sporter Walnut stock with upright pistol grip and chequered forend
    MHS04 Target Walnut thumbhole target stock with chequered forend

This information was taken from an original Titan full line catalog dated 1992 near the end of Titan's rein.

I still have quite a few of my reproduction Titan stickers available free to Titan owners who have lost theirs, email me for info on how to get the stickers.

Cheers,
    Tom in the USA
    Tom,

Thanks for this post, most interesting.

I have a Titan Bearcat 12 " Action Walnut Sporter Stoch CS??? Stamped under action can't remember number

My question is what model was the Bearcat.

Also I Will be refinishing the Stock this Winter with True Oil so would appreciate a couple of Stickers

Chris1

The Bearcat was also known as model MC020K with a bit more bling added.

Quote Originally Posted by joejeweler View Post
    I recently picked up a very nice (looks mint) Beeman "Adder" at the Conneticut Airgun Show (in the USA) about a month ago. These were made by Titan at the time, and appeared in the 17th issue of the Beeman Catalogue.

No Beeman markings appear on these pistols,.....a curious departure for the Beeman line ,...... for they placed their name on just about everything they sold!

According to the info available,.....just 10 "Adder" pistols were produced before Titan folded. Of those 10,.....i believe only 2 were produced in .20 caliber,......of which mine is one.

The seller of the pistol to me was the original buyer back in 1993 from Beeman,....and i have his bill of sale included in my paperwork. He is also a well know and respected airgunsmith in the USA (Jan Kraner),....and was kind enough to re-seal the pistol prior to me taking delivery of it.

I enjoy shooting it so much that i am looking for a Falcon FN8-WG to use instead on a regular basis. That model is very similiar to the Adder,.....and i won't be putting wear and tear on what must be considered a pretty rare bird.

BTW,....it came with a mint Beeman Blue Label scope and rings,.......which i have also put aside. The same era pistol and scope just makes the combo so much more interesting, in my mind.

I'll get some pics up soon......

Cheers,
    Joseph Tousignant

Hi Joe,
    I believe the Beeman numbers reflect what he actually imported into the USA as Titan made a number of what Beeman called Adder and Wolveriene pistols along with Beeman named Wolfpup and Wolfpup Deluxe rifles that never made it into the States.
    None of what Titan produced were stamped with the name Titan anywhere on the guns, only a sticker identified them as being made by Titan.

There are no records that I can find on the actual number of the different caliber models produced but I would think the .20 would be rare to find.

Tom

Titan Manitou

Hi everyone,
    Recognising this thread is a quite old now, I came across it shortly after buying a well used and "messed with" long action .177 MC010 last year. Following the leads provided by Tom in the US, (22-07-2009, 04:24 PM), I duly tracked down John Bowkett who is just up the road. Between the two us, the rifle is now fully sorted out, pretty again and groups under 5/16" at 30yds off a bipod. It's putting out Bis Mags (JB's recommendation) at 707 ±2 fps (11.9ft-lb) over a twenty shot string. Consistent or what! Chuffed is an understatement. All I need now is a Titan sticker.
    Without this forum I would have been stuck for info and this great gun would spend another two decades rotting in the back of someone's cabinet before being scrapped. Thanks all.
    Regards, Mark.

Mark,
    PM or email me and I will tell you how you can get some of my reproduction Titan stickers for your gun.

Cheers,
    Tom

PM Sent. Regards, Mark.