Thread: Scope Manual required

Scope Manual required

Hey all,

I have just purchased a rifle and its furnished with a Kassner 3-9x56mm scope.
    It has rangefinding capabilities/parallax adjustment and looking through it is like looking at a wide angle TV screen with a 30-30 reticle

Does anyone here (I gather its a bit of antique scope) have an instruction sheet/manual for one, or know of anywhere I may obtain one from?

ATVB

Tony
    UBC Secretary & Web-Manager
    THL Marksman of the Year 2010
    (Airgun Section)

hi tony, i have one of these mounted on my hw77k, great scopes, known as the "kassnar 3-9x56 night owl" aprox late eighties, the front pa is self explanitory, at the rear of the eye piece there should be a fast focus ring, you set the scope up and zero it at your desired range, say 25 yds, then once zeroed hold the outside of the adjusting turrets and carefully unscrew the tops with a flat blade screwdriver, you can then lift of the turrets and place them back on with the "0" mark in alignment with the white dot on the scope body, now you can move say out to 35 yds and re zero, then look at the turrets and make a note of the numbers and how many clicks you dial in or out for that range, and so on, you can always quickly go back to the original set up of 25 yds by going back to the "0" alignment,
    hope that all makes sense i have prob made it sound more complicated than it is
    if you do get a "manual" for it i would really appreciate a copy
    atb
    paul
    Last edited by yoshiwolves; 22-07-2009 at 02:15 PM.
    hw 80custom, , hw 35 luxus, hw35 std,

Cheers Paul,

I appreciate that I had a rough idea but wanted clarification as I have never used a rangefinder scope before

I posed the same question on another forum, and a Gentleman replied who is the son of the importer of these scopes, so I got a little interesting history to go along with the scope

If I get one, I'll make sure you do too

Tony
    UBC Secretary & Web-Manager
    THL Marksman of the Year 2010
    (Airgun Section)