Thread: Haenel model fifteen

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice

Haenel model fifteen

I picked up one of these the other day. Its not if bad nick really considering its age and construction. The foresight is broken but is not really a problem as the gun is shooting high and I may see if I can file it to shape or try a broken Diana 22 one instead. The trigger guard is missing and I will try to find a suitable piece of steel flatbar to make one up. The rearsight adjuster screw is missing but I reckon its about a 4mm screw and as its on the lowest setting is not really a problem. Its got 8.37 on the stock so I assume thats August 1937. I tried a few shots with it and it dieseled a little and was firing high and right. I gently tapped the rearsight to bend it to the left a little and held the bead low down in the V when aiming. Its still fired about 1 1/2 inches high but I couldnt believe how accurate it was. I have a couple of bits of brush handle cut down in the yard, about 2 inches long. If I aimed at the bottom of them I was sending them flying---and that was shooting into the sun and with the broken foresight. Im pleased I got this. I have no intention of stripping it any time in the near future but will use it to plink.
    Last edited by ggggr; 22-07-2009 at 04:22 PM. Reason: error