Thread: Mendip silencer adaptor for Steyr LG100

Mendip silencer adaptor for Steyr LG100

This is produced at the Mendip Shooting Ground, and works on the same principle as Steyr's own bloop tube on the 10 metre match variant.

It slides over the end of the barrel and locks into place with a bayonet fitting.

On the end is a male thread to fit most silencers.

Has anyone got one? If so, I'd appreciate your opinions on its effectiveness.

Also could anyone tell me if the Steyr barrel is stainless steel or nickel plated?

They are pretty good, as Mendip have an on site gunsmith who machines and fits the threaded portion.

The barrel on the Steyr is hammer forged stainless.

Neil

Thanks, Neil.

High Arthur.

I made one for my LG and it significantly reduces the bark of the rifle.

Speak to Mendip and get a price then let me know and I will see what I can do for you.

Incidentally, the Steyr system is very accurate and there was a very small drop in impact point at 55 yards by about 5 mm with a logun silencer.

Also tried SFS carbon unit. Slighty quieter but also changed POI to about 25 mm left.

This is a very worthwhile mod to do but getting the unit central to the bore is worth the extra effort.

Good shooting

Steyr
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

FT Shooter Guest
    I have the MSG adapter on my LG100 Hunter and have used it with either a Ripley silencer or preferably the shorter Soundbiter which is virtually as effective but looks much better.

The point of impact is almost unchanged and assume that this must have something to do with the gap between the muzzle and the silencer. Haven't tried it on my Steyr FT only because I don't see any point.

A great piece of kit and with 1/2" UNF thread you can fit the majority of silencers.

Thanks, Lads.

Hi FT,

I use it on my Steyr to quieten the bark of the LG100FT as our club had houses built around it long after the club started and I feel it is polite to them. I also want to protect my hearing as these unsilenced PCP's produce some decibels and I shoot a lot.

Also, for static hunting the LG is an awsome bit of kit with a big sidewheel scope on top. I use it to range find drop it down to 10 mag and use it like a hunter rig IE fixed mag no zoom and down they go.

Not good for roaming around though.

Steyr
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

I have just put this in the sales section.

1. Dave Welham muzzle flip complete with cone but no vent holes. It quietened the gun down no end but with modifications could make quite an effective silencer. £30.00 if you steyr shooters are bothered?

Pete

Sorry for the bump of a VERY old thread

But is this item still made? I live in the U.S. and have an LG100 that I'd like to tame. Thanks!
    Good deals: davida6212 jimmer u.k.neil

I'm afraid it is no longer made as that gunsmith is long gone and the shooting ground no longer do any retail sales.