Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BSA Standard .22 : should I split for parts?

Looks like Bernie has gone for Binners remaining Light Pattern ( I was tempted myself) so I hope everyone is okay now.

Quote Originally Posted by Prewar View Post
    Sorry, it was a bit messy of me to ask for a valuation on splitting the Standard whilst I had it listed for sale in the 'for sale section'. I hope I haven't broken a rule. It was more exasperation at the rifle not shifting at what I thought was a fairly low price that made me ask...should I split it....? Had I decided to sell as parts I would have started a new thread. I do generally prefer it when buyers state their intention to buy on the sales thread, but at the same time some people just want to keep what they are buying private.
    This makes perfect sense to me and I can't see that you broke any rules.

Hopefully Gareth will agree. If not, see you when you get back.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    There you go Scott, if you're having difficulty shifting a vintage BSA just threaten to break it up for parts, thus triggering emotional responses in collectables readers and leading swiftly to a sale.
    Danny...is this why Chris is barbequeing Relum Tornados? Is it the only way to sell them?