Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aeron Spider and Tau 8 pistol?

Aeron Spider and Tau 8 pistol?

Anyone experiences with 1 of these? I know their specs, just like to know experiences.
    Rada at TGAG is VERY happy with the Tau 8, he says it better than morini, sam, etc!?
    ATB,
    yana

I didn't know the TAU 8 was in production yet. I saw a photo of a prototype a year or two ago and have heard nothing since. Any info would be most welcome.

Edit: Ah, I see some information here: http://www.targettalk.org/viewtopic.php?p=94561

I think TGAG in the States already has and sells them. He's VERY lyrical about them!
    I like my Tau 7's a lot so, who knows, maybe it ís good!
    No Spiders here?
    ATB,
    yana

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Quote Originally Posted by hwtyger View Post
    Rada at TGAG is VERY happy with the Tau 8, he says it better than morini, sam, etc!?
    As it says later in the thread - He sells 'em

I have a MK8 and so far I am very happy with it. I only have 1500-2000 pellets through it so it is too soon to tell. I bought it considering it a calculated risk as my Tau7 has been brilliant.

Where did you buy it? Many say they're not in production yét..
    How does it compare qualitywise to yr Tau 7?
    Imo, the external finish of the 7's is quite poor. Véry thin, rust sensitive (as is the bore).
    They also quite often leak from new.
    What the mk8 like?
    Also, did they change the grip? The 7's grip always hurts my hand, they palmadjuster is too short..
    ATB,
    yana

Thumbs up TAU7 Brilliant

Quote Originally Posted by hwtyger View Post
    Where did you buy it? Many say they're not in production yét..
    How does it compare qualitywise to yr Tau 7?
    Imo, the external finish of the 7's is quite poor. Véry thin, rust sensitive (as is the bore).
    They also quite often leak from new.
    What the mk8 like?
    Also, did they change the grip? The 7's grip always hurts my hand, they palmadjuster is too short..
    owned 2 of these pistols SUPERB
    can only presume 1 you've seen, been stored in 1 of your famous dykes, if 8 is as good it will be worth aquireing...mike...

I am a new poster so each reply will be delayed while the mod. approves. The Tau7 washes the bore with liquid CO2 at each shot so condensation makes rust a problem. I fire an oiled felt everytime I change CO2 cartridges. I have had no bore rust issues at all. The finish is certainly "agricultural" but I didn't buy it to look at it. I have nearly 200 cartridges (12g) through T7. This amounts to 13k pellets (about 65 per). I have not changed any valve seals or seat! The piercing cap orings have been changed each time I forget to bleed off the residual and tear it. My Tau7 holds gas for a month or more at a time. I guess I got lucky. I am in the US so I bought both from Bori at TGAG. Rada (the MK8 reviewer) is Bori's son. MK 8 has a very nicely blued finish on an aluminum reciever. The grip is different than the 7 and the palm rest and grip extension do extend a bit more. The grip reminds me of a Morini med. My 8 just barely makes the ISSF box...The sight radius must be 20mm longer than the Tau 7 match. My Tau 7 match weighs 1110g with a cartridge and the MK8 exactly 1kg (both with stock grip). My IZZY with Corcoran grips is 1125gm.

I'll try an add on reply about the MK8...don't know what order the mod will approve, so this might be disjointed. The MK8 grip cannot be rotated or tilted like the morini 162 (mech. trigger guns...e-trigger have little adj. as well). The trigger can be moved fore and aft and swivelled in the vertical plane. I have not tried to adjust it for pull and sear engagement as I am quite happy with it. The trigger has a more firm or substantial feel than the morini mech or Tau7...subjective, can't describe (much better than izzy). The mk8 rear sight is very nice with easy to use knobs to adjust POI and shutters for width. The regulator pressure can be set from the inside front of the trigger guard (pin spanner or snap ring pliers) and the striker spring from a screw adjustment under the grips. I ordered a second air cylinder and it is anodized slightly deeper blue than the one installed on the pistol...works for me as I like to know which is cylinder 1 and 2. Others might want to make sure they get matching colors! The pistol finish is nice. Dry fire is a button above the trigger. I only have 2k through it. Many people run a tin a week and I just don't know how it will be until I have more like 10k.

Thnx. Do you have some close-up pics of it?
    How do you bleed off excess CO2 with the piercercap anyway?
    A pcp barrel can rust as well, compressed air always contains water..
    I own(ed) 3 Tau 7's, the match, sport and silhouet. Also the 200 SR and BT.
    50% of these was leaking from NEW. Allthough easily fixed, without sealchange, they shouldnt leak ofcourse. And since pcp's are VERY sensitive to leaking as well..I wondered wether they're same quality!
    I also own a steyr LP5 and morini 162E. The E grip isnt adjustable at all. (except palmrest).
    What was the testarget like on yr MK8?
    Be aware these cán be faked; my 7 match has only 1 hole in it. Probably paperpunched.
    ATB,
    yana

To bleed the Tau 7 push the striker bar in the opposite direction as for cocking. I sort of pinch the frame with thumb and forefinger behind the cocking ears and nudge them toward the grip....it will then break wind. The enthalpy of vaporization of liquid CO2 ensures that you plate condensed water on the bore. Critical that you use clean CO2! I have not had problems with pcp bore rusting but I own a good compressor and bleed the water off repeatedly when I run it. I emphatically agree with your assessment of "test targets". The mk8 shows the obligatory one hole group. I have not run it on a vise. It does seem to group tighter than my T7 or Izzy. I think at this level, ergos mean more than the absolute precision of the pistol. Maybe if I were twice the shot that I am it would matter. The MK8 seems to me to be a good deal but the Q is 50k durability and factory support. Morini works very hard at both and I give them respect for that. My opinion of Steyr in the support department is not good. I have had very good results with Bori at TGAG so I am not too worried. It is a real conundrum until it has a track record.....

I will try to post a pic on monday...my home system is too retarded for such antics. The work firewall may not let me through, but I will give it a shot. I have never handled a A. Spider but I never heard anything bad about it. My mk 8 has a serial number just over 30 so these are just now trickling out. The cylinders both matched in color when I got the pistol, but one started leaking at the gage on the second fill. Bori air shipped one in two days but that is how the blue anodized finish came up not matching. The blue on the frame of the gun is very well done and matches the steel of the barrel and loading lever. The trigger is the same plastic shoe on a stick that the Tau 7 uses....I like it but others might differ. The air cylinders are dated 11-2007. I think that something might have held up production to account for the gap in the date. I would bet that was their effort with polygonal bore. What little that I could find on pg bore in ft and precision air rifle was that they tended to be pellet fussy. This barrel is conventional and choked (and very smooth). I asked about the bore and was told that there proved no advantage to pg bore. Sorry you had such dreadful luck with Tau7.
    Last edited by Star7; 01-08-2009 at 07:22 PM. Reason: mistake

Thats ok. I dont feel like bad luck with the Tau 7's. They shoot véry well. I regularly shoot 173/175 ex 200 with them and I'm only shooting AP about 6 weeks!
    The finish is just less of the Tau's compared to the steyr.
    If I shoot unlubed pellets, the 7 wíll rust the bore, the Steyr wont.
    We have quite good steyr service here, but no morini importer so thats far more difficult. My leaky 162 is back to swiss for repair..
    But since the T8 is quite expensive compared to the T7's, it shóuld be far better qualitywise, finishwise, etc.
    I cant get my hands on a T8. We dont have a Tau importer anymore and a tsjech gunshop said they werent made yet (anymore?).
    The Tau factory seems to regularly change management, that'll cause delay.They have been working on pcp's for longer but because of those problems, they were delayed and yr cilinders were stamped in 07 already.
    ATB,
    yana

REVIEW- just from a random search

Hello
    That review is written by Rada, the son of the US importer for the Tau products (TGAG). He and his father Bori, are the R and B in the Air Arms 410ERB. They are very knowledgeble in the airgun field and I have found TGAG to be one of the most honorable firms that I have done business with. All that being said, I was doing a mini-review as I have no financial interest or anything to gain...the T8 looks to me to be really a good deal at the price point. The morini that I had was used and also seemed to have a leaky regulator. The gages on the morini didn't seem to work very well. The two cylinders on my T8 agree to within 10b of the large gage on my filling setup. An interesting thought is to take a full size T8 and combine it with the junior air cylinder. That would be less weight than a morini 162 short but better weight distribution. The spec. sheet says the T8 can be turned up to 16J. That will be a problem in some countries but leads to interesting possibilities in the US.