Thread: Aeron Spider and Tau 8 pistol?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Aeron Spider and Tau 8 pistol?

Anyone experiences with 1 of these? I know their specs, just like to know experiences.
    Rada at TGAG is VERY happy with the Tau 8, he says it better than morini, sam, etc!?
    ATB,
    yana

I didn't know the TAU 8 was in production yet. I saw a photo of a prototype a year or two ago and have heard nothing since. Any info would be most welcome.

Edit: Ah, I see some information here: http://www.targettalk.org/viewtopic.php?p=94561

I think TGAG in the States already has and sells them. He's VERY lyrical about them!
    I like my Tau 7's a lot so, who knows, maybe it ís good!
    No Spiders here?
    ATB,
    yana

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Quote Originally Posted by hwtyger View Post
    Rada at TGAG is VERY happy with the Tau 8, he says it better than morini, sam, etc!?
    As it says later in the thread - He sells 'em

I have a MK8 and so far I am very happy with it. I only have 1500-2000 pellets through it so it is too soon to tell. I bought it considering it a calculated risk as my Tau7 has been brilliant.

Where did you buy it? Many say they're not in production yét..
    How does it compare qualitywise to yr Tau 7?
    Imo, the external finish of the 7's is quite poor. Véry thin, rust sensitive (as is the bore).
    They also quite often leak from new.
    What the mk8 like?
    Also, did they change the grip? The 7's grip always hurts my hand, they palmadjuster is too short..
    ATB,
    yana

Thumbs up TAU7 Brilliant

Quote Originally Posted by hwtyger View Post
    Where did you buy it? Many say they're not in production yét..
    How does it compare qualitywise to yr Tau 7?
    Imo, the external finish of the 7's is quite poor. Véry thin, rust sensitive (as is the bore).
    They also quite often leak from new.
    What the mk8 like?
    Also, did they change the grip? The 7's grip always hurts my hand, they palmadjuster is too short..
    owned 2 of these pistols SUPERB
    can only presume 1 you've seen, been stored in 1 of your famous dykes, if 8 is as good it will be worth aquireing...mike...

I am a new poster so each reply will be delayed while the mod. approves. The Tau7 washes the bore with liquid CO2 at each shot so condensation makes rust a problem. I fire an oiled felt everytime I change CO2 cartridges. I have had no bore rust issues at all. The finish is certainly "agricultural" but I didn't buy it to look at it. I have nearly 200 cartridges (12g) through T7. This amounts to 13k pellets (about 65 per). I have not changed any valve seals or seat! The piercing cap orings have been changed each time I forget to bleed off the residual and tear it. My Tau7 holds gas for a month or more at a time. I guess I got lucky. I am in the US so I bought both from Bori at TGAG. Rada (the MK8 reviewer) is Bori's son. MK 8 has a very nicely blued finish on an aluminum reciever. The grip is different than the 7 and the palm rest and grip extension do extend a bit more. The grip reminds me of a Morini med. My 8 just barely makes the ISSF box...The sight radius must be 20mm longer than the Tau 7 match. My Tau 7 match weighs 1110g with a cartridge and the MK8 exactly 1kg (both with stock grip). My IZZY with Corcoran grips is 1125gm.

I'll try an add on reply about the MK8...don't know what order the mod will approve, so this might be disjointed. The MK8 grip cannot be rotated or tilted like the morini 162 (mech. trigger guns...e-trigger have little adj. as well). The trigger can be moved fore and aft and swivelled in the vertical plane. I have not tried to adjust it for pull and sear engagement as I am quite happy with it. The trigger has a more firm or substantial feel than the morini mech or Tau7...subjective, can't describe (much better than izzy). The mk8 rear sight is very nice with easy to use knobs to adjust POI and shutters for width. The regulator pressure can be set from the inside front of the trigger guard (pin spanner or snap ring pliers) and the striker spring from a screw adjustment under the grips. I ordered a second air cylinder and it is anodized slightly deeper blue than the one installed on the pistol...works for me as I like to know which is cylinder 1 and 2. Others might want to make sure they get matching colors! The pistol finish is nice. Dry fire is a button above the trigger. I only have 2k through it. Many people run a tin a week and I just don't know how it will be until I have more like 10k.

Quote Originally Posted by mickson View Post
    owned 2 of these pistols SUPERB
    can only presume 1 you've seen, been stored in 1 of your famous dykes, if 8 is as good it will be worth aquireing...mike...
    I did not write this reply?????????? MODS PLEASE...mike...