Thread: Advice on starting out please

Advice on starting out please

Hello,

I would like to take up shooting black powder revolvers. Can anyone recommend me a friendly club in the Midlands I'm in Sutton Coldfield.

The thing that bothers me a little is I'm not interested in formal target shooting at all, just after a nice friendly safe place to shoot and make lots of noise and smoke

Thank you for any help.

Martin.

Might be too far for you but we have a good BP following at Worcester Norton. 5 mins from J7, M5.

Full members have acces to the ranges at any time (well, basically daylight hours) - ideal if you just want to "make bangs & smoke". More details & membership costs on the club web site.

Sunday is club day and there's a very informal club comp. once a month which is not only great fun but a rich source of free advice for newcomers to the 'black brigade'.

John,

Thank you, just spent half an hour reading the website, looks to be exactly the kind of club I'd like to join.

Doing lots of reading at the moment finding out what kind of references I would require after complition of probationary period etc.

Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Martin.

The 49th Rifle and Pistol Club with its 25m indoor range very friendly very professional.

BIRMINGHAM :- THE 49th RIFLE AND PISTOL CLUB. CLOSE TO SPAGHETTI JUNCTION, AT NORTON BATHS IN ADDERLEY ROAD, WE'RE OPEN,TUESDAY, THURSDAY EVENINGS 7.30-10.00pm AND SUNDAY MORNINGS 10.30am-1.00pm. TWO 25 YARD RANGES, WE SHOOT MOST SMALLBORE DISCIPLINES, GALLERY RIFLES AND AIR WEAPONS. REGULAR COMPETITIONS AND EXPERT COACHING AVAILABLE. WE,RE A FRIENDLY BUNCH! NEW SHOOTERS MOST WELCOME. SEE OUR WEBSITE AT www.49th.co.uk 24 HOUR ANSWERPHONE 0121 328 1212 OR EMAIL metal.dragon@btinternet.com . BLACK POWDER SHOOTERS ARE ALSO CATERED FOR

Swadlinsote Rifle and Pistol Club mate. 27 miles each way.

Neil
    Current airguns:- Steyr LG110: Steyr LP10: Air Arms HFT500: Weihrauch97 fully customised.