Thread: HFT Scopes?

Palmanda is offline I just keep falling for it!!

HFT Scopes?

Chaps....

I am looking at trying a bit of HFT....I have a spare .177 falcon which I intend to use but I dont have a scope yet for it.

Whats your reccomendations without breaking the bank?

If you want it so you can see 8yd'ers then Id go for a little BARSKA 3-12x40 tactical with mildot, side wheel etc. VERY good optics and clear from 8 to 45 easily. £125 from south yorkshire shooting supplies (www.rimfiremagic.co.uk)

You can pick up good - almost 'dedicated' HFT scopes -on here for £100-120. eg Falcon 10 x 42, Bushnell 10x 40 or Viper 10 x 44. I have one of each but my lad is using the Bushnell and I have just changed from Falcon to Viper. (Having said that, I am not a frequent HFT shot.)

jay.t is offline Unique is an understatement, I'm just a messed up frog pimp.
    I've just started with the mtc viper 10x44, once you get used to the scb ret which after using mildots seemed like to much info,i like it alot, pick them up s/h for around £100.

attempted to zero mine today in the gusty wind, must of worked 'cause i shot a PB

helpfull link here
    Don’t you find it Funny that after Monday(M) and Tuesday(T), the rest of the week says WTF?

Very informative link cheers..

Looks like I need to go for a 10x Mag (ish) but Im not sure about MTC's...I have a 8-32 x60 Viper for FT and the optics are not very good at all

Ill just have to learn the rules and find a club that does HFT round my way......

Quote Originally Posted by Palmanda View Post
    Very informative link cheers..

Looks like I need to go for a 10x Mag (ish) but Im not sure about MTC's...I have a 8-32 x60 Viper for FT and the optics are not very good at all

Ill just have to learn the rules and find a club that does HFT round my way......
    Yes, but the 10x44 Viper was designed specifically for HFT, i've tried scopes up to Leupold MK4 pedigree and keep coming back to the Viper. 1st and 3rd shot Vipers for the UKAHFT and also the Junior champion (9-13). There are scopes out there that are optically superior but, for me, the Viper ticks more HFT boxes than the others.

It's a pity you're not closer as i''ve got 4 or 5 dedicated HFT scopes that i could let you try out.
    Chairman Emley Moor F.T.C. 2023 - Misfits champ, HFT extreme champ, NEFTA hunter champ, Midlands Hunter champ, UKAHFT champ.
    https://sites.google.com/site/emleymoorftc/contact-us

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
    Yes, but the 10x44 Viper was designed specifically for HFT, i've tried scopes up to Leupold MK4 pedigree and keep coming back to the Viper. 1st and 3rd shot Vipers for the UKAHFT and also the Junior champion (9-13). There are scopes out there that are optically superior but, for me, the Viper ticks more HFT boxes than the others.

It's a pity you're not closer as i''ve got 4 or 5 dedicated HFT scopes that i could let you try out.

Cheers for the offer Chris...Ive been put off the MTC's a bit....its looking like being a bushnell or an EB I think

Sam Vimes is offline Vanquished a Weihrauch evangelist with a gasram
    Sometimes a 3-9x40ish (Bushnell Trophy mil-dot springs to mind) might just work out better than a fixed 10x.
    Don't discount the EB Snipers older brothers, the Nikko Sniper and Tasco Super Sniper, if you can find one. I much prefer the Nikko to either of the other two.
    Fabricatum diem, pvnc!