Thread: How far?

How far?

I was asked yesterday, how for will a .22 pellet travel out of a 12ft/lb airgun, and I really didn`t know the answer, so I thought I would ask you guys (I normally lounge around in the collectables section.)

So lets say....11.9ft/lb rifle, using an average 14 grain pellet, with the muzzle pointing at the optimum angle, what is the maximum distance the pellet would travel from the muzzle to where the pellet lands?
    Does Anybody know? or like to hazard a guess. Any info would be appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.
    Barry.
    Just too many guns! NO, I was only kidding!

The old daisy Co2 gun I had (long slide glock looking one..) claimed 220 yards on the back of the package. I would imagine a surprisingly long distance. at 12 ft/Ibs.
    'Time has little to do with infinity and jelly doughnuts'

Long ranger

knowing a person (whos name will remain secret)whom had a air rifle at a young age and was shall we say miss guided around other older lads, shot a board at what must have been 200yards plus, though i think it was prob aimed about 20yards higher than where it hit!!!

How far?

Thanks for that guys. I suppose that there isn`t an accurate way of measuring, unless you were somewhere like an air strip, and used a metal detector to try to find them.
    ATB
    Barry

Chairgun gives
    Max range of 450 yrds at 28degrees angle, pellet energy 0.8ft/lb.
    Thats with a typical 15.9grn pellet (AA Field).
    HTH Conor
    He who never made a mistake never learned anything!
    He who never missed never shot!

How far?

Quote Originally Posted by L-S-R View Post
    Chairgun gives
    Max range of 450 yrds at 28degrees angle, pellet energy 0.8ft/lb.
    Thats with a typical 15.9grn pellet (AA Field).
    HTH Conor
    Thanks for that, Excellent!!!
    ATB
    Barry

Whether you would actually hit anything you were aiming for at that distance is highly improbable though.

Hell, I struggle at 45 yds, let alone 450 yds!!

Question Probability

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    Whether you would actually hit anything you were aiming for at that distance is highly improbable though.

Hell, I struggle at 45 yds, let alone 450 yds!!
    I think the only thing you are going to hit, with any probability is the ground, and even that`s not guaranteed when I`m shooting!!!

edbear2 Guest
    I've got a T robb video somewhere, where he is shooting along a dyke (the water kind)...and you can see the fall of shot as splashes to get the range accurately .......I will have a dig for it, but I am sure it was 200 yards plus!

I wonder how many people think of this when they go for that woodie in a tree and miss.......O.K., there might not be much residual energy at these extreme ranges, but it would still rattle a window, or scare someone...Its second nature when using a firearm, you wouldn't be doing elevated shots with a 243 or even a rimmy ......Back to basics......imagine where it will go if you miss..