Thread: fwb 124 query

fwb 124 query

Hi all,

i have a battered fwb 124 that i bought cheap as a project rifle.

it shot well, except there were moments i could not, for the love of god, cock it. every 5-6 shots or so, i failed to hear the "click" of cocking as i bent the barrel.

i stripped and re lubed it recently, this being the first springer i dissassembled completely (barring the trigger assembly). however, now , it does not cock at all.

i gathered as much strip down data as i could. and to put it back together, i simply reversed the technique. i think i have put in everything as it came back in. there was a small metal strip i found on the table when the gun came apart, which i thought was scrap.

any suggestions?

thanks in advance
    Ginb AA Prosport 0.177, Ginb FT V-Glide Hw77k 0.177, CS 500 V-Glide Hw80 0.22, Steyr LG 110 0.177, Gamo Compact 0.177, Hw45 0.177, Beretta 682X Trap 12b, Beretta 682 Sporter 12b, WH Pollard hammer 12b

fwb

hi is the safty seated i found that putting a cable tye around the trigger block to hold the safty in place . and is the shoe that the cocking link slots in to the piston in the right way .i hope this helps regards mark

Hi

There is a small but stiff spring that fits between a tag on the back of the safety slider and a circular indent on the sear. A scrap Sport action I was given would not cock most of the time and I found that the spring was too weak. I replaced it with a stiffer one and now the gun cocks ok all the time.

Another reason I found that caused this gun not to cock was that the shouldered bolt that holds the trigger housing in place had stripped the thread in the trigger housing. This had been replaced with a piece of 10mm screwed rod and as this did not have a shoulder on it to stop it being srewed in too far - it stopped the gun cocking if it was. I found the right depth to screw it in so that it didn't obstruct the cocking process.

I hope this helps.
    Regards
    Zyg

Quote Originally Posted by hamiclar01 View Post
    Hi all,

it shot well, except there were moments i could not, for the love of god, cock it. every 5-6 shots or so, i failed to hear the "click" of cocking as i bent the barrel.

i stripped and re lubed it recently, this being the first springer i dissassembled completely (barring the trigger assembly). however, now , it does not cock at all.

i gathered as much strip down data as i could. and to put it back together, i simply reversed the technique. i think i have put in everything as it came back in. there was a small metal strip i found on the table when the gun came apart, which i thought was scrap.

any suggestions?

thanks in advance
    Could you take a photo of the small metal strip and post it on here? Failing that - can you see it anywhere in HERE ?

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by hamiclar01 View Post
    Hi all,

any suggestions?

thanks in advance
    that small metal bit was it about 3mm square by 10ish could be the closed end of the sear /these do break off if you strip the gun and then try to cock it with the trigger sears engaged . almost impossible to find a new one these days (unless anyone knows different ) i have a mint'ish sport in bits waiting for one of those

Thanks for the responses guys.

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Could you take a photo of the small metal strip and post it on here? Failing that - can you see it anywhere in HERE ?
    No, i could not find the part in your stripdown photos, neither could I find it in the trigger stripdown set at
    http://www.network54.com/Forum/79537...FWB124+trigger

here are a few pics
    http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/a...1/IMG_2162.jpg
    http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/a...1/IMG_2160.jpg

thanks in advance
    Ginb AA Prosport 0.177, Ginb FT V-Glide Hw77k 0.177, CS 500 V-Glide Hw80 0.22, Steyr LG 110 0.177, Gamo Compact 0.177, Hw45 0.177, Beretta 682X Trap 12b, Beretta 682 Sporter 12b, WH Pollard hammer 12b