Thread: Small/junior air rifle

Small/junior air rifle

I'm after a small, light air rifle. It will serve two purposes: as a 10 yard plinker for me and as a rifle for my seven year old nephews to learn the basics with. Rather than go down the Gamo Delta route I'd like something with a bit of age and class (hence posting on the collector's board).

It must be small and light, .177 in calibre, cost less than £60, be well made and ideally more than thirty years old. It will be used with open sights and must be accurate enough to consistently hit a Swan Vesta box at ten yards.

I used to have a BSA Cadet, which would fit the bill, but I was wondering what else is out there in the same category. My father suggested a Diana 27.

What do the esteemed members think?

have a german made orginal, nice junior sized stock, .177 open sights. should be what you are after £45 posted pm me for a few more details

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice

Small rifle

I reckon a Diana 22/Webley jaguar/Ranger/Junior would be better for a 7year old. A Diana 25 is a bit bigger but better made. Pm sent

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration

Hw30ii

Should do the trick. You will like it.

It might be a little too big for a 7 year old (6 lbs), in which case get a HW25. But get yerself the HW30 as well.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Original/Diana Mod.25, perfect for the job, and ticks all your required boxes . Atb: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Thanks for the input gentlemen, and thanks to paulsfrost - the cheque is on the way.

Are there any websites with information on Original/Dianas? Obviously I'm going to trawl through past threads on here.

edbear2 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikkormat View Post

Are there any websites with information on Original/Dianas? Obviously I'm going to trawl through past threads on here.

Garvin will be along in a bit I expect, then you will find out all you need to know I am sure