Thread: M.A.D. Tonight (Wed 29th July).

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire

M.A.D. Tonight (Wed 29th July).

Sorry guys, but we’re in for a monsoon this evening, and as I’ve not got a cure for trench foot, am going to wimp out tonight I’m afraid . And to those among you who are clearly certifiable and still intend to shoot today I say all the best of British, and enjoy (you mad M.A.D. bunch ). See you all next week: Gareth.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

I done a google map search & it's 146miles & time of journey 2hrs 46mins.

I might try & come next week with my daughter & a few others if that's o.k?

Be good to finally meet you Gareth & have the criac.

Regards
    Paddy.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Quote Originally Posted by Pad. E View Post
    I done a google map search & it's 146miles & time of journey 2hrs 46mins.

I might try & come next week with my daughter & a few others if that's o.k?

Be good to finally meet you Gareth & have the criac.

Regards
    Paddy.
    Paddy, that would be brilliant matey, and you would all be more than welcome. As well as a great range and course, we also have a first class club hut and Kitchen at M.A.D. too, and our resident cook (Ian aka popsheep), who runs a local cafe, turns out a great bacon and egg burger -- just a shame he's so ugly . Ha ha. Atb m8, and keep me posted (pun intended ): G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    Paddy, that would be brilliant matey, and you would all be more than welcome. As well as a great range and course, we also have a first class club hut and Kitchen at M.A.D. too, and our resident cook (Ian aka popsheep), who runs a local cafe, turns out a great bacon and egg burger -- just a shame he's so ugly . Ha ha. Atb m8, and keep me posted (pun intended ): G.
    Hi Gareth

Thanks.

I've just checked the M.A.D site & it looks like tonight is the last Wednesday shoot. We'll either try & come to Sun 9 Aug M.A.D. HFT Open Shoot or Sun 6 Sept The Chris Cundey Combo Charity Shoot.

Just need to check with the 'boss' first.

Regards
    Paddy.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Thats why i flaked out of buying a gun this year, cos the weather in the summer is pants. The few days i did last year shooting in the sun were fantastic. M.A.D. is a great place for targets if the weather lets it happen.
    You tube channel bassmanrich44 2000 subscribers and counting! 5000 now

I've just checked the M.A.D site & it looks like tonight is the last Wednesday shoot. We'll either try & come to Sun 9 Aug M.A.D. HFT Open Shoot or Sun 6 Sept The Chris Cundey Combo Charity Shoot.
    Hi Paddy, I was told they'd hopefully run for another few weeks yet ... I will find out for sure and let you know. Sunday 9th Aug and Sunday 6th Sept both promise to be belters however, and may be better for you anyway, as we may be able to sort Saturday camping on site (will talk to Richard ), so why not request shore leave for both dates . Ha ha. Atb: G.

I've just checked the M.A.D site & it looks like tonight is the last Wednesday shoot.
    Yep, just found out, no shooting next week, but yes to the week after, but after that, light will be fading too early for evening shoots, so apart from the torch light comps Ian is organising, that will probably be that for mid week evening shoots at M.A.D. then, until next year . Hey ho. Atb: G.

Wed shoots at MAD

Hello mate ,yes Weds will be getting abit short if you are coming from afar ,we will be shooting untill its dark every week and talking crap in the clubhouse with the genny running as men do when they run out of light .
    The Sunday shoots are belters and the Chris Cundey is also a biggy for our club with all money raised going to the charity fund for the youth of the sport and we want to beat the £520.00 we gave to the fund last year ,I think that will be easy for everything goes in and more the merrier .
    we look forward to seeing you and dont worry about Gareth as you have missed nothing much by not meeting up with him .
    Ian
    [Ian Bainbridge]

Quote Originally Posted by popsheep View Post
    we look forward to seeing you and dont worry about Gareth as you have missed nothing much by not meeting up with him .
    ... Bitch .

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    Hi Paddy, I was told they'd hopefully run for another few weeks yet ... I will find out for sure and let you know. Sunday 9th Aug and Sunday 6th Sept both promise to be belters however, and may be better for you anyway, as we may be able to sort Saturday camping on site (will talk to Richard ), so why not request shore leave for both dates . Ha ha. Atb: G.
    Thanks for the info Gareth.

The 6th Sept is the most feasible & may do the camping the night before.

Just need to see if it will be ok at my end as the 'boss' is having an operation so will have to see if she will be ok first

Quote Originally Posted by popsheep View Post
    Hello mate ,yes Weds will be getting abit short if you are coming from afar ,we will be shooting untill its dark every week and talking crap in the clubhouse with the genny running as men do when they run out of light .
    The Sunday shoots are belters and the Chris Cundey is also a biggy for our club with all money raised going to the charity fund for the youth of the sport and we want to beat the £520.00 we gave to the fund last year ,I think that will be easy for everything goes in and more the merrier .
    Ian

Thanks Ian

The Chris Cundy Shoot does sound promising. As for talking crap I should fit in as I do alot of that anyway .

Regards
    Paddy.
    BE-HAPPY-OK