Thread: Gamo68 - ASI paratrooper help needed

Gamo68 - ASI paratrooper help needed

Hey,

as above the rifle will not cock after replacing the sear spring, any ideas what may be wrong as im stumped????

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Hm. Did you remove the mainspring at all? I have caused this problem in a rifle by putting a pre-load washer on the spring guide end of the spring, so the sear cannot engage the bent.

I will have a look at the Chambers diag and see if there is an 'obvious answer'. Nice accurate little rifles the Paras.

Blimey, thats a bit complex. Can't help you.

here is the diagram

http://www.gunspares.co.uk/showcatimage.asp?id=24271

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice

Paratrooper not working

Sent you a pm. If you remove the mainspring and then try it and it works, then the chances are that the front of the sear is worn and will need replacing. You may be able to file the angle of the sear forwards from the bottom of its hole to square it up so the angle is less \ and more L. It could be the piston worn where the sear engages but unlikely. Ive had this problem with small Diana,s that held ok until a new spring was fitted and had to file the sear. Also I have a paratrooper with a different trigger set up that was doing the same thing so I filed the sear and took 2 coils off the mainspring to give the sear an easier life. I hope this helps.