Thread: bell target shooting

bell target shooting

hi members,ive been fortunate in getting a local pub to host a bell target shoot on wednesday evenings.this is an open shoot for vintage rifles at vintage style targets.loan guns are available for those who don't have them.
    shooting starts at 7-30 each wednesday evening.its all inside so no worries about the weather.this is in its infancy but all trees start from small seeds.
    for further details p.m. me for my phone no.regards nik
    sorry members permission withdrawn after plonker shot out a light
    Last edited by air revolution; 04-12-2009 at 07:12 PM. Reason: permission withdrawn

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    This sounds really interesting. Please keep us posted!

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

bell target shooting

Good luck with your venture been shooting bell target since 1971, twice a week through the winter months enjoyed every minute.
    Jim

bell target

hi to both the jims,the shoot is very much in its infancy i'e got one pub for sure to host shoots and am at present talking to two more with the intent of forming a league,thats the plan.we hold a shoot every wednesday evening,its open and there is a small cash prize for top gun on the night.pre 1965 springers only no pneumatics and no optical sights..177 calibre only.i have a bunch of old bsa gallery guns to loan to those who don't possess veterans of their own.its good fun and hopefully furthers the sport at the same time as letting me shoot under cover.the shoot is on canvey island essex and all are welcome.p.m. me for details.best regards nik

A few questions

Firstly, Well done! Secondly Where in the pub will you shoot (skittle alley?) How did you approach the Landlord & convince him it was safe/good idea & whats the situation regarding insurance? I would like to do the same but i thought I would do some homework before asking,cheers Jason.
    "Putting a country take on things..."